Home

Ultimate Empire at War News Updates (6-11-06)

jonesyjonez

Lots of new updates on the site, as well as the big news that we will be covering the Old Republic, Rise of the Empire (clone wars), Rebellion and the New Republic eras. Check the site for more information.

We now have the following models' renders on the site, some of which are skinned and already in game, while almost all the others have already been unwrapped and are being textured:

Dreadnaught

Chu'Unthor

Eclipse

Executor

TIE Defender

TIE Droid

TIE Raptor

TIE Interceptor

Assault Gunboat

Sovereign SSD

Vengence SSD

T-Wing

Ravager Star Destroyer

B-wing Fighter

MC80B

Liberator Carrier Cruiser

Sail Barge

Leviathan

Lancer Frigate

CC-9600 Frigate

T-Wing

MKIII

TIE Hunter

TIE Old Republic Prototype

Scimitar Bomber

V-Wing

E-Wing

Juggernaught

Chariot

Droid Control Ship

Geonosian Starfighter

Niles Ferrier Fighter

Missile Boat

Modified Light Landspeeder

Modified Heavy Landspeeder

There are many, many more models to come.

lotechnz, while I share your anticipation of all these sweet modding projects, there's just one thing we all (all of us awaiting them) need to understand. Modding takes time. If they released what they had now, everyone would be upset with bugs, incomplete things, etc. IMHO, I hope they take as much time as they need to completely finish everything up, nothing like a mod that works A1 from initial release. As far as the "vaporware", I have seen other mods for other games go for months w/o an update, dinna mean they aren't doing the mod anymore, just busy. ;)

We are looking for Mappers for the Ultimate Empire at War Mod. If you are an experienced mapper, or even if you still have not mastered mapping but feel you have a good grasp of it, We Are Looking For You!

The main quality i'm looking for in my mappers is creativity, not the highest ability, although that is a very good trait to have. If you believe you would be an asset to the UEAW Team as a mapper for all our new ships begging to be played in a more open space than the current maps permit, contact us now!

• 4 weeks later...

I am truthfully sad to see how modding in this community is going. The unwillingness for these EPIC mods to release single ships as they are completed is very frustrating.

I also think it has led to the mod fatique expressed. The crazy thing to me is that releasing the ships would give the same level if not more prestige than the wait for an EPIC vaporware mod that will not be compatible with FOC. Then again maybe its just me and a few others.

nope, not just you, me too - I play each mod to death then wait weeks for any updates. Used to think UEAW was looking good but not so much as an open beta (with accompanying warnings for newbs) to really get us going. I don't need everyship - just a more rounded game.

For now Awakening of the Rebellion seems to be the best and most complete mod out.

4 great mods in production, all with their good points but for now basically non exsistant and hype.

nope, not just you, me too - I play each mod to death then wait weeks for any updates. Used to think UEAW was looking good but not so much as an open beta (with accompanying warnings for newbs) to really get us going. I don't need everyship - just a more rounded game.

For now Awakening of the Rebellion seems to be the best and most complete mod out.

4 great mods in production, all with their good points but for now basically non exsistant and hype.

i understand all your points. If you visited the site, you would see that we are going to be releasing a mini-mod with some ships. The wait is over.

I don’t think Jones has mentioned even HALF of the models we plan on putting into the game. We are currently working on placing EVERY Star Wars era into the mod. Now that would add up to a lot of different ships, to say the least! As a fellow modeler who is helping build them, I can say without a doubt, he mentioned only the ones we have already built. We ARE fixing to release a MINI-MOD very very soon (this is for those who just have no patience). But don't expect all those ships to be there...Even for the nineteen team members who are working on this mod....that’s a LOT of work! Complain all you want ‘o impatient one’, behind the closed doors (speaking for myself now) I am cranking out models every spare moment that I can afford. Like many, I still have to feed my family, and free mods don't put the meat and potatoes on the table, so it’s off to ‘work’ more often than not. For those of you who choose not to complain, thanks for all your patience and understanding. The ball park figure of new ships we are to put into the final version is between 100-150. No, I'm not going to give the actual number, I'll let you guess. As a matter of fact, why not stop by our site and take a guess... While you're there, take a look around, you may find a few new surprises.

You can find us at: http://www.ultimate-eaw.com/

This is what I think about HYPE:grnlaz:

Assault Gunboat

Dreadnaught

TIE Droid

Sail Barge (I built it)

Chu'Unthor

Eclipse (I built it)

Executor

TIE Defender

TIE Raptor

TIE Interceptor (I built it)

Sovereign SSD (I built it)

Vengence SSD (I built it)

T-Wing

Ravager Star Destroyer (I built it)

B-wing Fighter (I built it)

MC80B (I built it)

Liberator Carrier

Leviathan (I built it)

Lancer Frigate (I built it)

CC-9600 Frigate (I built it)

T-Wing

MKIII (I built it)

TIE Hunter

TIE Old Republic Prototype

Scimitar Bomber

V-Wing Airspeeder

E-Wing

Land Speeder

Juggernaught

Chariot

Lukrehulk Droid Control Ship

Geonosian Starfighter (I built it)

Niles Ferrier Fighter (I built it)

Jade Saber

New Republic Corvette (I built it)

Sith Spawn

TIE Crawler

Missile Boat

K-Wing (I built it)

CR-40 Republic Consular Cruiser

R-41 Starchaser (I built it)

Warrior Class

Shadow Cruiser (I built it)

Vulture Droid Fighter

Kaloth class Dreadnaught

Majestic-class (I built it)

Hapan Nova-class

Hapan Battle Dragon-class

Hapan Miy`Til fighter

New Republic Dreadnaught

Bothan Assault Cruiser

World Devastator

Galaxy Gun

A-9 Vigilance interceptor

Pursuer Enforcement Ship

Carrack Cruiser

Cloakshape fighter/bomber

Sun Crusher

Quasar-Fire class carrier

Nebula-class

Endurance-class

Sacheen-class

Shrike Assault Transport (I built it)

Y-Head Corvette (I built it)

Commerce Guild Shuttle (I built it)

Strike class Cruiser

Bulk Cruiser (I built it)

Basilisk war droid (I built it)

Vanguard Cruiser

Allegiance Star Destroyer

AT-PT

Dauntless Cruiser (I'm building it now)

CC-7700 Frigate (I built it)

Bulwark Battlecruiser (I built it)

Hailfire Droid

Homing Spider Droid

Dwarf Spider Droid

Nebulon-H Frigate

These are just some of the ships we are currently making ready to place in the new version of the mod. It's now covering every Star Wars era in the Official Star Wars history, as well as the Star Wars Expanded Universe. We also are preparing to release a mini-mod rather before all these are ready. (but of course, you already knew that) It should have somewhere around a dozen (maybe a bit less, but not much less) of these ships and crafts that are listed above. Not too hard to believe if you were me (I'm one of the model builders) So keeping you posted soon, but for the latest news head over to:

http://www.ultimate-eaw.com/

A little over two weeks ago, the Ultimate-eaw.com website was compromised and used for illegal purposes by hacker(s). This lead to a legal investigation of the owners of the website and domain, which in turn lead to the domain locked and the website shut down.

After an internal investigation turned up information on the hacker(s), the material/code in question was removed and the domain and it's owners were cleared of any illegal useage and is now running once again. I would like to thank the Ultimate Empire at War team for sticking together, like the brothers we are, and getting through this ordeal as a team.

To get through an incident like this in the way we did has only made us a stronger team and has given us even more drive to finish this project than we had before. Unfortunately for the hackers, daily backups are made offsite and simply removing or deleting material has had little effect on the status of the project.

So in a sense, I have to thank the hackers for bringing us closer together as a team and for clearly showing us any vulnerabilities that may have existed on the website.

Ultimate Empire at War will NEVER die...

Keep your eyes on this thread for a new announcement of when the mini-mod will be released... (VERY SOON...and no, I am not going to announce a release date, I'll let Jones have the honors).

As Jones said, even while our site was down, we kept working on getting ready the mini-mod, (it is up and working now) so the wait is soon over, thanks for your patience!

I think (and I am just thinking out loud here) the next step after that would be getting some more of our models ready for even another release. I like the idea someone here had of releasing them a few at a time, rather than wait a year or two after we had all 200 ships ready. Yeah, I think our illustrious leaders keep finding more for us to do... our list of ships has just increased after a lot of extensive and intensive research...(& I am not complaining, I LOVE to build models!!!)

This was posted on our home page this Monday (24th);

On to the mini-mod release, which we have been dilligently working on, it should be ready by the end of this week at the latest...get ready for some new and exciting action coming to EAW.

So, yeah...........................................

• 3 weeks later...

Archived