Home

Force Commander map editor?

Guest Scoundrel67

Guest Scoundrel67

Does anoyone know of an editor for FoCom that includes the ability to generate your own maps? confused.gif

------------------

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Scoundrel67

Evidently this board is dead...unless there are some lurkers out there who read but seldom post. Let's have some help here!

------------------

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I belive there WAS a map editor planned for Force commander, but due to the unpopularity of the game LA abonded it along with all thier other PC games.

So unless a fan has created one.. that is a no. And it is not as easy to edit a 3D map like force commanders, then say a 2-D map like Red Alert

Guest Scoundrel67

I own FoCom and realize that an editor did not come with the game. Might anyone out here know if some fan has completed such an editor and the web address where it may be found?

------------------

• 1 month later...
Guest Wraith 5

I will put this topic back on top thought i don't thing it will stay there for long. No there is no map editor for Force Commander. No one like the game (from what i can tell now one like the 3D part of the game which I think is that best part) There was a group working on tring to make one but they seem to have dispanded. I can't seem to find them online anywhere. All you can do is try to find people who still have the game and try to play against them on one of the multi-player maps.

------------------

I don't have to blow every thing up...

I just like to.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Scoundrel67

Well, that's certainly a pity that the group disbanded. I hope that Lucas Arts finally pulls it's collective head out of it's rump and includes an editor with Jedi Knight 2. The folks at Valve have a colossal hit with Half Life and the editing and modifications going on in their community hasn't cost them one lousy cent. It's actually been one of the selling points of their game!

------------------

Archived