Home

Making the game Larger

Raging Bull

I'm not sure I agree with making the game larger. I completed EfMI in about 2 weeks and a half but I was playing the game about a hour everyday and most people don't spend that long playing games. Also if the game was really long then the jokes would start to become unfunny, the puzzles would become the same and the quality would go down because of the amount of work that would needed to be done. If Lucas Arts are really worried about the game length then they could an extension to EfMI (probably wouldn't work out but it's just a suggestion).

If u want to make the game longer you've got a lot of other things to worry about. Like U 've got to think and plot out 1 hell of a storyline to keep gamers "on the story" during the "long" game. U don't wat to find yourself thinking "Hey what the hell was I supposed to be doin?" while your puzzling on 34 quests at a time... U also got to keep the gamers attention all the time.. THose R just examples and i'm sure that the "King of adventures" Lucasarts can find the right balance between long and good. And by the way if u have finished a verry good game it's always to short, thats because u always want more....

------------------

AAARRHG!!!

some of the better LEC adventures have been short...

Escape, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Secret of MI... (all short games when put up against Sam N Max, MI2 & Curse) they are all great...

I Think MI5 (if it happens) should be about the same length as Curse...

the shorter games just dont offer the same vfm these days (I only just classify EMI as good value!), while games like Sam N Max & MI2 just fall to pieces without an original coherant storyline... & dont argue... Sam N Max's story DID fall apart... it just got tedious in the end...

------------------

LUA Bar... Whats a LUA?

timmya.gif

sam n max's end tied right in to the beginning, you just don't have the twisted logic it takes... and if you put all of the monkey island games together (as the same game) it would probably be one of the best adventures ever. It would be like a book sold in parts until the author is done all of it. Now that would be one hell of a game. They should take five or six years and make a game worth playing for 100+ hours.

100+ hours is too long... just look at something like Diablo 2. Many people just got tired of it and never bothered to finish. The normal gamer's thresh-hold before he starts to become bored with a title is about 60. Of course, there are those who can happily play the same game upwards of 300 as happened with things like Civilisation 2 but they're not average.

And Sam and Max's storyline didn't be come tedious... the game barely had a storyline, but who cares, the game wasn't about a gripping plot, it was about being funny and in that it succeeded. smile.gif

And I still think Full Throttle was rubbish.

eep!

------------------

(¸.·'``'·.¸¸.·'`'·.¸¸.,.,.¸.·'´`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸)

«´¨`·.¸¸.*NewFoundGloryBoy* .¸¸.·´¨`»

(`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸.·''´`'`'`'·.¸¸.·'´´`'·.¸¸.·'´´)

America was founded on three basic principles, Liberty, Equality and FRATERNITY PARTIES!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived