Home

V-Day

V-Day starts in 10 days.

While it is actually my digital birthday (sign up date) I choose to consider it a celebration of everyone else on the LFRD, a chance for everyone to say "Wow, we've been spending well over a year talking about the misadventures of a psychic boy and his gang of misfits."

So everyone, give yourselves a pat on the back, you've spent a year obsessing over an obscure video game that didn't sell well, only due to the fact that it wasn't another Halo or Mario.

That would be awesome if people celebrated digital birthdays in real life too. Congrats. The game might not have sold well, but we can all rest easy knowing we helped support it in all it's glory.

Also, I wonder what who have happened to the X-BOX without Halo. I think that it would have been much harder for Microsoft to establish as a real console competetor without it. I still have a hard time understand how it became so popular too.

I mean don't get me wrong, I got the X-Box on day one with only one game Halo. And I freakin' loved it. Hell, I still love it and Halo 2 to this day. I've proabably played Halo 2 more then all my other XBox games combined. But it just got so popular out of no-where to me. Maybe because it was one of the only great games for the system for so long that people had no other choice then to embrace it?

I dunno. I'm in sort of a rambling mode today I apologize.

P.S.

I wonder who came up with the term pat yourself on the back. Cuz it's pretty hard to do.

Archived