Home

Screwed up default cutscenes fix anywhere?

PsiKnife

Sounds like a problem with your graphics card. In which case it should be in "The Work Bench" section of the forums. Unless this has not always been an issue, have you installed any mods that edit models, or textures?

As for the skipping: on my first play through I had terrible issues with this. I literally had to go back into the journal and read the previously spoken lines on Dxun to understand why I was searching for some random tomb. The problem went away, though. There are various other things that can be fixed easily enough. T3-M4's dialogues often call for voice over that doesn't exist, meaning that it skips over it. You can simply copy sounds or splice together your own ones. The following files are missing:

StreamVoice\AVO\_T3M4QUE\AVO_T3M4QUESS1, AVO_T3M4QUESS2, AVO_T3M4QUESS3 (question short)

StreamVoice\AVO\_T3M4SA\AVO_T3M4SADL2, AVO_T3M4SADL3, AVO_T3M4SADM2, AVO_T3M4SADM3, AVO_T3M4SADS2, AVO_T3M4SADS3 (sad long, medium and short)

Edit: Which cutscenes are broken? Occasionally one of the developers accidentally sets the "Delay" field to one, causing it to skip. This is fixable, however.

Are you playing K1 or K2?

This is for Kotor II TSL

Sounds like a problem with your graphics card. In which case it should be in "The Work Bench" section of the forums. Unless this has not always been an issue, have you installed any mods that edit models, or textures?

As for the skipping: on my first play through I had terrible issues with this. I literally had to go back into the journal and read the previously spoken lines on Dxun to understand why I was searching for some random tomb. The problem went away, though. There are various other things that can be fixed easily enough. T3-M4's dialogues often call for voice over that doesn't exist, meaning that it skips over it. You can simply copy sounds are splice together your own ones. The following files are missing:

StreamVoice\AVO\_T3M4QUE\AVO_T3M4QUESS1, AVO_T3M4QUESS2, AVO_T3M4QUESS3 (question short)

StreamVoice\AVO\_T3M4SA\AVO_T3M4SADL2, AVO_T3M4SADL3, AVO_T3M4SADM2, AVO_T3M4SADM3, AVO_T3M4SADS2, AVO_T3M4SADS3 (sad long, medium and short)

Edit: Which cutscenes are broken? Occasionally one of the developers accidentally sets the "Delay" field to one, causing it to skip. This is fixable, however.

I do have modules that change textures and appearances, but I've had the prob since installing. I think my card meets or exceeds the requirements needed Intel 4 2.4 gigz, 512 Ram, NVIDIA GeForce TI 4200 64 mb, Direct X 9c ect (* I know - Ram and Video card upgrades being shipped as we speak though). I also never updated the game because I wanted to keep the exploits mentioned in the walkthrough. So I was looking just for a cutscene fix. T3 hasn't been an issue for me.

Archived