Home

xcom's k2 lightsaber mod question

Arátoeldar

I have xcom's start K2 with a lightsaber mod installed. I have played through Paregus twice and have not fpund the lightsaber. The mod comes with 2 .ncs files but no source files (.nss).

What was the question? ;)

What are those two NCS files named?

:: pokes around scripts::

It looks like you can pick it up off Kreia playing dead in the morgue on Peragus. I don't think it's on Kreia in the Prologue. I just know it's on "Kreia's corpse".

Edit: To decompile scripts, you can use JdNoa's DeNCS. You'll need the latest Java Runtime to use it, I think Java 1.6.

:: pokes around scripts::

It looks like you can pick it up off Kreia playing dead in the morgue on Peragus. I don't think it's on Kreia in the Prologue. I just know it's on "Kreia's corpse".

Edit: To decompile scripts, you can use JdNoa's DeNCS. You'll need the latest Java Runtime to use it, I think Java 1.6.

Thanks P.A.

I have tried three different versions of 1.6 yet none of them will allow me to decompile anything. :rolleyes:

Ok I started two new games. When I try to get anything from Kreia I get a bubble with the following line. "This old woman looks dead, but there’s no sign of what killed her." No lightsaber. The only thing I can think of is a incompatiblity with the USM. I say this because Kreia starts with a lightsaber with the USM.

I looked into it some more. It's supposed to be on Kreia on Peragus. If the USM alters a_hatchopen.ncs or gencrps004.utp, then it would be incompatible.

If not, since it looks like there's only two gencrps004.utp in the game, and both are Kreia (one in the Prologue and one on Peragus), you could always plop a lightsaber on her with Kotor Tool and stick it in Override instead. Might have to change some fields on her to be like a regular placeable, probably have to set her to Has Inventory at least.

I don't know for sure, but the Kreia with a 'saber in USM probably isn't one of the corpse placeables since they're placeables, not characters.

• 1 month later...

Archived