Home

what if guybrush does die?

no no no, we need to just kill him off, so that there can be room for a NEW adventure with a NEW character. all of the best games from LEC were original, i dont see why companies choose to stick to the same old thing year for year, its either lack of creativity or lust for money.

my $.02

------------------

nfgblocksig.jpg

STILL the resident punk rocker!

Stop pretending that you don't want me.

and also newfoundglory u said u couldn't see why companies keep on making games with the same character and same scenarios. Companies (like lucasarts) do this because it is easier to market a game that already has a consumer base (ppl who bought CMI will likely buy EMI) If Lucasarts took a chance with another adventure game they might succed in making a good game but the chance that it won't sell as well as a 5th monkey island is what keeps them making monkey island games instead of other adventure games.

Guest Rapp Scallion

I think it would be better if LeChuck wanted a new body, and then Guybrush dies, and come to the otherworld. There he must find something so he can get back to hes body before LeChuck is getting that "thing".

------------------

rapparts.jpg

KILL off GUYBRUSH?!?! newfoundgloryboy needs to be drug out into the street and shot like the dog he is! IM'm only jokin about the shooting thing, by the way; I think I'm channeling Mrs. Rivers....

------------------

I'm selling these fine leather jackets...

Guest The Feral Chicken

Originally posted by DiScO StU:

peglegpete, why are you three headed and only have 70 posts???

Because he's even older than me, way back from the days when only 30 posts were required.

------------------

feralsigg.gif

Guest Rapp Scallion

Originally posted by Tull:

Yeah sounds like the perfect ending for a lighthearted comic series which a surprising portion of people seem to think is a dark serious psychodrama.

Why not?

------------------

rapparts.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It is not essential that Guybrush dies, you just have to have one heck of a script writer to end a series the main character doesn't have to die to end the game thats just a weak excuse for a ending, though thats the only way Lucasarts could end the series. As long as Guybrush is alive so is LeChuck.

After finishing the monkey Island series Lucasarts could make a prequel called LeChuck where you are Lechuck doing all the stuff you have heard him doing, such as finding Big whoop, sinking H.T Marleys ship and other such adventures

• 1 month later...

Archived