Home

Best Mod

Darth Somethin'

I'm sorry for just barging in without introducing myself, but I don't feel much like talking. I'm just dieing to find a good mod for EAW that doesn't fill it with bugs and glitches. The vanilla version of the game is so full of inconsistancies and unrealistic scalling that it's just begging to be modded. Virtualy nothing looks like the SW films at all, and so it's pretty obvious that you're playing a game. Currently I'm using Realistic Rescale 2.01, which is an awesome mod, but it's full of glitches and lockups, and though everything has been rescaled, not much else has been changed, hence many units are still behaving like they're smaller or bigger than they are, with the best example bing the AT-AT, which has an unrealistic line-of-sight, poor firepower, and tends to stick its head up the arse of other walkers.

So can anyone help me? Is there a mod that makes the game true to the films that isn't at the same time plagued with problems? Anyone?

Right now I'm using SSD 3.01. which is fun and doesn't seem to have any bugs, but the scale is still all wrong, and the fighters are so slow, along with their blaster fire. They actualy outrun what they shoot and still get nowhere. I wonder if there isn't a more cannon work out there? The disclaimer for Galaxy says "Totaly Uncannon", which doesn't make sense to me as the game comes uncannon as it is. What we need is something to finaly make it cannon. Is Total Realism cannon?

I know that fun ought to come first, but canon is what I like most. Granted the whole EAW can be argued that it is uncanon, but I still couldn't fathom CIS vs. Empire. I don't like that. So far, every mod I've tried is sort of mediocre, but i'm stilllookin for the one that will blow my socks off.

ferris: Many of the mods are just for fun... Some of the more elaborate mods are going to take more time. If you think the wait here is bad, you should see how long it takes for some Generals mods to release anything. I've been waiting for over a year for any release from a couple of mods.

• 2 weeks later...

HEHE... LoW SSD v2 is very nice.. all the ships are to scale and some new units and heroes were added in. We have a release coming in a few weeks that is "Total Cannon Remake" of the game. That means all non cannon items out including heroes and planets. It will add in 50+ new Units 58 Locations 22 of which are BRAND new. Adding in some new unique gameplay features as well. LoW is not just a "unit" mod.

Check it out.. http://legacy-of-war.com

The Steiner Modding group just released, unfortunatly just in German for now) the totally awsome Stieners Advance Units mod. I've been messing about with it for a couple of days, and I have found it to be very solid, witha different feel to the gameplay. They also have a very large Gal. Conquest map that doesn't lag my computer.

Anyhow, thought I would throw it out there... The english version should be out soon.

Cheers~!

wolfshadow

Yes the SAU 3.0 which RazielKanos kindly put me in the direction of is without a doubt the best mod I have seen. I have liked some other mods and features of other mods however this is absolutely brilliant and has a completeness unmatched by other mods; changing the theme music to Imperial Rage from Force Commander for example, new introduction and of course the models themselves. I was actually surprised how well it plays even with scores of units and the balance of it. I might be rather pedantic when it comes to detail and accuracy but when a game can satisfy someone like me then it is pretty special. I cannot recommend this mod more highly. Steiner Group are lords.

Archived