Home

Module Editing

STARWARSKOTOR2

i have recently edited taris south apartments and have put all the files into a .mod file but when i goto my custom module its just a blank map, no characters,placeables. Why is it doing it? it also did it with the doom_dealer droid shop and my sandral estate! please can someone help! its for kotor by the way!

Did you put the .mod file into the "modules" folder and not the override folder?

How did you make your .mod file, did you use the erf builder in KT?

Did you put any custom items you made in the override folder?

We don't really have a lot of information to dissect your problem with :confused:

Mav

I think which he put his .mod file into "Modules" folder. If not, he can't access into his Module.

Did you convert your files in your Module before compress them in a File?

Normally, he built his .mod file with an Module Editor (stoffe -mkb-'s, or Kotor Tool's Editor), he can't do it if he hasn't it...

If the area lacks any content it sounds like the .GIT file of the area is either damaged or missing (perhaps named incorrectly?). The .GIT file contains information of such things as creatures, placeables etc, pretty much any "loose objects" in the area that are not part of the area model. :)

OR it could be that you haven't taken into account the z axis. Use the "whereami" cheat to find it out, all of your placeables may be above or below the module model. Although... you would probably realise this because the collision mesh doesn't seem to have a beginning or end, so you would be bumping into invisible objects all the time.

OR it could be that you haven't taken into account the z axis.

That could be the cause for placeables, but not for missing characters since those always snap to the walkmesh of the area no matter what you set their Z coordinate to. :)

Archived