Home

Modding the interface in KOTOR 1

Suvetar

Hi folks,

I've recently started playing KOTOR 1 again, with my new GFX im running it at 1600x1200 with AA/AF on a 21" TFT monitor :twogun:

Problem is, the user interface for menus and hackingscreens and stuff is minute compared to KOTOR 2 for example, is there a way to make these screens bigger ?

or indeed use the Interface templates from KOTOR 2 ?

Thanks very much, in advance!

Nope. It is one of the many diffeences between the 2 games. I personally prefer K1's interface and the fact that it gets smaller as you increase your resolution. The reason being is it produces the effect of a larger game area vs having your interface staying constantly in your way by scaling with your increased resolution.

Nope. It is one of the many diffeences between the 2 games. I personally prefer K1's interface and the fact that it gets smaller as you increase your resolution. The reason being is it produces the effect of a larger game area vs having your interface staying constantly in your way by scaling with your increased resolution.

That's one way of looking at it, it also has the effect of making it hard to use out of the 3D area too. its not just a question of resolution, it's a question of eyesight , or lack thereof in my case :)

Archived