Home

Do you think this will be the last Monkey Island?

FreakyBob

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally posted by Tull:

Actually, while I think about it, I quite like that idea of Guybrush becoming a heroic undead pirate, being forever doomed to sail the seas, righting wrongs and protecting the innocent.

i just think he should die as a set piece during one of the games...

------------------

LUA Bar... Whats a LUA?

timmya.gif

Of course they could have prequels...

Monkey Island: Episode I--The Spirit Menance

The adventures of young LeChuck, before he turned to a life of EVIL and the subsequent becoming of a ghost/demon/zombie, and also of H.T. Marlee before his retirement.

Monkey Island: Episode II--The Monkey Wars

Find out what happens in the infamous Monkey Wars, what role Murray played in it, and how the Giant Monkey Head came to be.

Monkey Island: Episode III

Storyline still in preliminary status.

------------------

Dancing_Monkey.gif Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.

[This message has been edited by brief (edited December 14, 2000).]

What would be cool is if Lucasarts made new adventures for Full Throttle, Sam & Max, The Dig and The Day of the Tentacle.

By "new adventures" I assume you mean sequels. And if you do, that would bve rather impossible considering DOTT was a sequel. You can never make a sequel to a sequel, only a sequel to the original. Despite the fact that Curse came after MI2, it was still a sequel to SMI. Well, there's my beef.

------------------

"That's the second biggest monkey head I've ever seen!"

-Guybrush Threepwood

Grim Fandango was inspired by Nightmare Before Christmas.

Well, sure, it's great when you make up facts to prove a point isn't it? GF had no connection to TNBC. If you did your research, you'd know that Tim Schafer got the inspiration from that game from the Mexican "Day of the Dead".

------------------

-Guybrush Threepwood

Originally posted by Tull:

Actually I have a UK PCG with an interview with Tim Schafer in which he cites TBNC as an inspiration for GF's visual style.

Alright, I apologize. I figured it was another one of those rumours everyone starts making about LA games.

------------------

-Guybrush Threepwood

I have an idea, maybe it's already been stated but I couldn't be bothered to read all the posts

Maybe Gybrush can get turned into one of the zombie things, but he still hates LeChuck, he could wander around pretending to be his mate, then the voodoo lady can heal him later on in some way when he gets what he needs

------------------

"I am Murray, the all powerful demonic skull, quake in fear mortals, for your insolence, I shall devour you!" - Murray

Originally posted by Murray the Demonic Skull:

I have an idea, maybe it's already been stated but I couldn't be bothered to read all the posts.

If you can't be bothered to read our ideas, why should we be bothered to read yours?

------------------

-Guybrush Threepwood

------------------------------------------

"LucasArts should stop bothering with sequals and make something completly new!"

------------------------------------------

Yeah I do agree with making more new adventure games. These days there seems to be fewer adventure games, they're becoming extinct frown.gif I remember the old days of Space Quest, Police Quest, Kings Quest and Larry and it's disapointing that we dont see game shelves packed with all the adventure games anymore, besides the crappy ones. But fortunately Lucasarts continue to make quality adventure games which hardly lack. They rock! I never want them to stop making these sick games.

Anyway, they should definately make new adventure games, any ideas anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

Originally posted by Guybrush UK:

CMI is a three-quel... that makes EMI is a Quartel biggrin.gif

and the fifth one a squirtell. and the sixth one a bulbazaur!!

[This message has been edited by NiKo (edited December 29, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by NiKo (edited December 29, 2000).]

Archived