Home

Grim Fandango 2

Tull

We need a Grim 2! Here's an idea.

You control Glottis who has been having a bad time of it lately, drifting around the land of the dead from job to job. Everyone thinks he's dumb, loud and clumsy. He starts to think about the only good friend he's had in a long time, Manual Calavera, who's been gone to the land of eternal rest for a long time now. Glottis would like to join him, but demons aren't allowed to go there... so Glottis resolves to break in.

Join him as he travels the land of the dead to the gates to peace and finds some way of getting in there so he can be with his best friend Manny again.

What the heck are you talking about Storken? smile.gif

It quite clearly states at the end of Grim Fandango that demons are not allowed into the 9th underworld, that's why Glottis can't follow Manny.

What do you think of this as a premise though?

Maybe Glottis has to earn a soul and die in order to be allowed to go to the 9th underworld, and he is suckered in by a villain (who is a demon attempting to do the same as Glottis) who tricks him into stealing souls. Glottis unwittingly retrieves these souls under your direction in the belief that he is not doing anything wrong and just borrowing souls that noone wants so he and his villain demon-pal can use them. Eventually Glottis realises he is being used and foils the evil scheme, etc etc.

or how about this a new villin is terrorizeing the 9th under world (land of eternal rest) so manny has to take care of it and since glottis missed manny so mutch he goes there but manny also needs help from somefreinds or something so glottis and manny go back to the 8th unserworld to find them and then go back and stuff like that biggrin.gif anyone like that idea? and of corse im up for a grimfandango 2!!!

------------------

timmy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Why do you guys fight about grim fandango

this is not a grim fandango forum..

Why cant you have a little fantasy in

your mind and just say that there will be a

bad guy that are takeing the 9th underground

with his bad guys and start a hell and

manny got away to the living of dead

and meet glottis again and they are go

together and stop this bad guy.

Manny most stop this guy before the 9th underground is gone forever!!!!!! ....

------------------

I can help all

You people suck. Grim stands alone. There cannot be a sequel. The game has an ending--unlike Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacles, Full Throttle, &c. Now those games seek sequels.

And what I'm most afraid of is LEC making the game without Tim Shaffer's help--seeing EMI, I'm afraid of/for GF2.

------------------

moi.gif

-Yorick the King's Jester

Backfire Killed the Sly - The Adventure Game

Guest The Feral Chicken

That's exactly my point, but you explained it better than I ever could

------------------

eatproto2.gif

Feral

Guest The Feral Chicken

I'm not having a go at CMI, just saying that I don't think that anyone could recapture the brilliance of Grim Fandango

------------------

cannon.gif

Feral

<small><small><small>/me warn you all about that the following post is 100% unrealted to basically everything, and that it certanly doesn`t belong in this forum</small></small></small>

Take a look at the nicknames of monkey island people everywere, they are mostly from CMI, except those who, like me have a nick adapted from their name.

Items: the Feral Chicken, all the Murrays, all the Guybrushes, etc.

I can`t say I can find any from SMI, except the Guybrushes, but I`m sure you`ll remind me of some afterwards. MegaMonkey I guess.

From LCR it`s Rapp Scallion, Largo LeGrande, and some others.

CMI: Already said that.

EMI: I exclude the Clues and Hints forum, because a lot of people called things like Jojo jr. and Timmy(numbernumber*) and Deadeye Dave or whatever asking how to get off the ship in the beginning.**

I don`t want you to see my point, cause there ain`t one. Just thought I`d say it, I`ll probably get a lot of people saying blah blah blah ~~~~~~~~~~~ you`re "#%!%&! stupid and stuff like that, but so what.

<small><small><small>/me warned you all about that the previous post was 100% unrealted to basically everything, and that it certanly didn`t belong in this forum</small></small></small>

*<small>Check Clues and Hints Forum if you don`t know what I`m talking about.</small>

** <small>Not thinking of anyone special, and not insulting anyone</small>

------------------

<embed width="321" height="81" src="http://www.geocities.com/blinkxxss/mangusb.swf">

[This message has been edited by MagnusB (edited March 06, 2001).]

Guest The Feral Chicken

True, but I only had 'The Feral Chicken' as I wanted something to do with my surname (Chicken).

If my brother didn't already have it, I'd have had El Pollo Diablo, or Rubber Chicken.

I think Feral is the best though smile.gif

You mean like "Rubber Chicken with a Pulley in the Middle". I like that joke.

I knew about that, but I meant others as well. Actually I only wanted to use asterisks, which must be really funny if you`re writing a book. Also I wanted to post a long message.

Join #monkey_island now, or I`ll kill you all.

[This message has been edited by MagnusB (edited March 07, 2001).]

Originally posted by Kingzjester:

You people suck. Grim stands alone. There cannot be a sequel. The game has an ending--unlike Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacles, Full Throttle, &c. Now those games seek sequels.

And what I'm most afraid of is LEC making the game without Tim Shaffer's help--seeing EMI, I'm afraid of/for GF2.

I know that it's a one-stand game, but it's just that it's such a great game.

------------------

storken2.jpg

quite honestly, if they were to make a sequal to Grim Fandango(best game ever) they would need new characters, and a new plot. I know your probably thinking, OBVIOUSLY, but i mean completly new characters and plot. Forget about manny, and Glottis, as main characters in the sequal, because when you think about it, that'd be stupid(and we all know what happens when they destroy one of ron gilbert's or Tim Schafer's games with a crappy sequal I.E. MI4's ending) Glottis maybe would work as a cameo or minor role, but the only way the hypothetical Grim 2 would be good, would be if it was completly original. Come on, we all have to admit LEC's best games were the original ones (like full throttle, or Sam and Max(the funniest game ever))

Archived