Home

CD Jewel Case

jedi567898765

I didn't think the Jewel case version came with the manual, but I could be wrong.

The JA manual (which I assume was similar to the JK2 manual) was shaped like a tall booklet, so it wouldn't fit in a standard sized jewel case. So I imagine it only came with an abbreviated install guide card insert and the readme on the CD.

Honestly these days Jedi Outcast in the original box shouldn't be that expensive (after all, it's a 4 year old game). You can buy it online.

To tell the truth though, the JK2 and JA manuals are really mostly devoted to single player, the MP stuff is pretty scanty (which is one reason I created Outcast Strategy/Strategic Academy, links in my sig!).

I think they pretty much have to include the manual in some way. If it only comes with the jewel case, it would have to be on the CD.

Unless these are leftovers and they simply took the jewel case out from the box for some reason. Anyway, JO is worth playing even if you don't have the manual :)

The JA manual (which I assume was similar to the JK2 manual) was shaped like a tall booklet, so it wouldn't fit in a standard sized jewel case. So I imagine it only came with an abbreviated install guide card insert and the readme on the CD.

This is what I was thinking ;)

Still can't see the logic in it though, they'd save money on storage and possibly postage, but lose out on jewel cases and having to have the inserts re-printed to fit the new case. Still :)

As it would mean re-mastering the CDs, I wonder if this is the pre-ugraded 1.04 version that someone mentioned last week.

B.

The version you’re looking at has no box to put a printed manual in. It’s just the jewel case and the game disc. The manual should be on the CD.

Anytime you see a game advertised like this where the words jewel case is in () in the ad title all your getting is the game disc and jewel case. Any manuals should be on the disc in .PDF format.

Archived