Home

VOTE HERE FOR A 2D Monkey5!!

MonkeyFan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vote for NO MI5. And Technically speaking any movement in the 3D world does add the element of time (let's say a character MOVING) making it technically 4D - However you will always have to see it on a 3D monitor (2D screen that refreshes).

=mek=

PS: EMI sucks.

• 3 weeks later...

Who said there's better detail in 3d? better than MI1 and 2, yeah, but definitely not better than MI3. the 3d in MI4 is so wooden, the characters are all polygonal. What's with that stupid grin Guybrush has plastered onto his face all the way through MI4? it's so annoying. the energy/memory put into making an object 3d is all that's done, they never actually put detail into it because they think the fact that it's 3d is enough to satisfy players. well it isn't! the only detail in 3d is shading. and the fact that you can walk around it. the detail sure as HECK (pardon my language) isn't better in the 3d game, that much is obvious.

Keep the monkey island fashion going and make it 2D! I agree.

I mean if they're going to make a monkey island in 3D, at least make it the best in graphics. I got an idea. Anyone here played Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus ? Well look at the movies in it. They are better than Shrek's graphics. Even though it was a cool movie. But in Oddworld, they make sure that they include every detail. Have a look!

If you want to see it click here!

They could work the aspect of two-dimensions into the plot:

Pirates all over the Tri-Island area are losing their third dimension, becoming 2 dimensional. Guybrush has to find the cure. While to suit your request of having the whole game in 2D, one or two islands could have progressed enough to be entirely 2D.

• 5 weeks later...

Monkey Island is a great series, but there is NO DOUBT that parts 3 and 4 were nothing compared to parts 1 and 2.

2D LIVES!!!!!!

A brand new Monkey Island game in the old 2D style would be a dream come true.

To the game developers: You don't have to follow the trends of today. You don't have to make a game 3D. I for one am pretty tired of all the generic looking 3d games. Monkey Island is a game that should be 2D. It was perfect just the way it was. So please, do us hardcore fans a favor and bring back the glory days of 2D gaming. You'll sell a lot more copies... guaranteed. I'll buy 2! ;)

And if you don't believe me that 2D is desired, just check out the sales of Gameboy Advance. It's done extremely well. Why? because it allows people to relive some of the greatest 2d games ever. And that's what it's all about.

-MonkeyBastard

• 3 weeks later...

to all those people who came here asking for a 3d mi5, i think you got it wrong, u see, this topic was for people who wanted a 2d monkey island 5, so get off this topic!

p.s. 2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

2D MONKEY ISLAND 5

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.!

• 5 weeks later...

I think it would be better, and by better I mean more sutible to the series, MI4 was alright but it lacked something, the graphics aren't the main problem, the problem is there is no Ron Gilbert, the end of MI2 could lead so many ways and it just isn't right to have MI3 written by anyone other than Ron, MI3 was great, but it wasn't the same.

you know, you can ask and ask, but no matter how many times you ask (and believe me i've tried) i don't think ron will come back. and thata's a real downer considering he had plans for an MI3 which wasn't what it is now, and now we'll never know what they were. sad really.

2D all the way! It'll bring back some of the old charm of the first 3 :D

oh... and i do come to wonder how most of the ppl that posted in this thread have only ever posted once or twice, and ONLY ever in this thread...

just seems a lil dodge to me

Archived