Home

Questions about making new clothing...

IdiotFool

I keep thinking there might be a way by using a similiar techniques as that which is used for the Hooded Revan appearance. The reason is in K1 they have the cutscene where you remove the mask and your face is there.

However I haven't had the time when I'm thinking of this to experiment with my theories. However when I do get around to it be sure to know that there will be a tutorial to cover this.

The Revan unmasking thing is handled via Visual Effects if I remember correctly...

EffectVisualEffect(7002) would apply a mask worn over the face, while EffectVisualEffect(7001) would attach a mask to the right hand of the character (allowing it to follow when playing the "remove mask" animation).

For some reason those visual effects only seem to appear on the Male and Female unmasked Revan cutscene robes, though I don't know why. Perhaps some hook in those models where the visual effects are attached that don't exist for other models?

The reason I was using that example is because the main cutscene robes obviously doesn't erase your head so I was trying to think of how to switch and retain the head by creating a armor that changes just the lower body area appearance like a disguise effect however it retains the head model from the default appearance. That is what I keep meaning to play around with.

Archived