Home

Hardcore Kotor

mongerman

I'm starting a game on KOTOR, with the hardcore mod at difficulty: hard.

Currently, I'm looking at a scout4/guardian16 for the free feats. Stats are approximately

str 15

dex 12

con 10

int 12

wis 16

cha 10

I'm looking for suggestions on improving this character. Also, since the enemies hit harder and are harder to hit, should i take duelling over 2 handed? Thanks in advance for feedback

Usually when you want to use 2 weapons you should get the 2 sword feats for it or else if you use 2 sword weapons/ lightsabers then your hit points will miss alot and do less damage so when I play now I just like to use 1 sword/lightsaber because it does more damage until you get the highest feat for the 2 swords. That is what I think, may not be exact but good enough in my opinion.

So I would suggest dueling with 1 weapon, you would be better off using a double weapon like the double lightsaber for better hitting.

If you have mods installed just get the most powerful items you can find, and you should add Shems hardcore Malak on that playthrogh, then you will get a really fun end battle

And i prefere to use double bladed lightsaber. And try to add a extra strength point as quick as you can, it only does affect when the numbers is even, 14, 16, 18 and so on. And if you are a guardian i dont think you should have so much wisdom

• 3 months later...

For the hardcore mod set at that level, I think you should adjust your stats. You're going to get hit a lot so you'll need more con. Why the 12 int? That's not going to do anything for you. Same thing goes for the 16 wis. A 14 in both wis and cha does essentially the same thing, but gives you an additional bonus to your force powers.

With what you have in mind, I'd go something like this: str 14, dex 12, con 14, int 10, wis 14, cha 14. That gives you a good mix of physical and force power, with max points. My personal favorite guardian mix is str 18, dex 8, con 10, int 8, wis 14, cha 14. He one-hit kills almost everything and has excellent bonuses to his force powers. That build, however, might get slaughtered with the mods.

As far as dueling or two-handed, I'd probably go 2-handed with this guardian. I think you'll want to dispatch enemies as fast as possible, although the scout's line of attack feat (flurry) works equally well with duelling or 2-handed.

Archived