Home

Some questions about attacks per round and character builds....

mongerman

Hi all,

With Form VII, if I'm wielding a single blade, my attacks can go up to 5 attacks per round, but if I'm using 2 lightsabers, can it go to 6 attacks per round, or is 5 attacks the max per round?'

I'm thinking of making a character good at force powers and melee. Is it better to start as guardian > master/lord or consular > Weapon Master/Marauder?

Mods please move this if its not in the appropiate forum. Thanks!

There is no miracle-recipe to get a character good at Force powers and melee. My best try was a Sentinel with high Wisdom and Dexterity and very low Strength followed by a Weapon-Master. The WM's lightsaber forms like Juyo compensate the low STR and you can learn lots of feat (like Lighsaber Finesse) to get advantage of your DEX. Your WIS will make your Force powers hit the enemy very often and if you get the Master Valor, the Force Armor and the Master Speed, you'll be quite invicible.

With two lightsabers and the Juyo, it can go to six attacks (2 weapons + 1 attack with Flurry + 1 attack with Juyo + 2 attacks with Force Speed). I don't think there is a max per round.

I love the hak pads :D

If you "get all feats" and "get all force powers", the funniest combo you can do is:

-2 Fully Buffed Sabers

-Juyo Form

-Master Force Speed

-Wookie Fury

-Sith Fury

-Spam Master Flurry

With this, I watched Darth Traya (On max difficulty, with stoffe's AI patch) die in seconds.

With Form VII, if I'm wielding a single blade, my attacks can go up to 5 attacks per round, but if I'm using 2 lightsabers, can it go to 6 attacks per round, or is 5 attacks the max per round?'

As far as I am aware the game engine is capped at 5 attacks/round no matter what kind of attack bonuses you have. So a single saber + Master Flurry + Juyo form + Master Speed will result in the same number of attacks as using two sabers with the same.

Of course, using two sabers means you have more slots for upgrades at your disposal. It also means you'll still get the full 5 attacks/round if you use another combat feat than Flurry. 5 Master Power Attacks/round can make quite a difference in damage. :)

Why cant a character be strong in both aspects? Str can be kept low as weapon finesse is better. Attack bonuses advance at the same rate for all characters. Only major differences are thus force powers and feats, and both can be maximised if chosen wisely.

Lets say you start off as consular, with stats of 10 str, 16 dex, 15 wis. Take dueling, finesse and flurry. Take Sith marauder as PrC. Take Lightsabre specialization etc etc. You'll have powerful attacks and enough force powers to go around right?

Archived