Home

KOTOR3 soundtrack request

Kurzon

Actually i want Jeremy Soule to do the music again for Kotor 3. His Kotor 1 music was inspiring it really was. I thought the John Williams elements were used greatly which pushed the game along and actually made the game on the same level as star wars but distanced enough from the OT so that we knew it was 4000 years before this time. Fantastic music. Also, after the music he has done for Oblivion recently, he really has perfected his styling so he really would win hands down for me.

Another i loved was Joel McNeely's soundtrack for Shadows of the Empire. Although it sounds rather jilty at first, it's one of those that grew and grew on me so i bought it on CD and listen to it so much. It really does expand on the original film music. Love it, plus it's slightly more abstract than the original music. His Obi-wan/Jedi theme is excellent too somewhere in the 5th, 6th or 7th tracks.

I agree with your opinion on Jeremy Soule. The guy is a genius. Come to think of it, he would be perfect for KotOR III.

In fact I just realised that I remember nearly all the music from KotOR, whereas I can't remember a single note from KotOR II for the life of me.

Soule's music is definitely memorable... From what I've heard of him, his talent may even rival John William's.

I also agree with the topic author: the KotOR license could use an extra sprinkling of the licensed Williams score... Any use of the licensed music should be used conservatively, however.

Then, if the KotOR license continues beyond number III, and any sequels after that take place closer (time-wise) to the films, more licensed music should be used to reflect the rapprochement to the movies.

Until then, however, one must remember that this is the Old Republic... Even Yoda is just a twinkle in the eye of his great-grandfather, and Anakin is 4,000 years from being born. I believe the music should reflect that.

Archived