Home

Tech Help needed

Toliver

I reinstalled the game on my computer recently (WinXP Pro, service pack 2) and have a problem during game play.

What happens is that while playing the game, all of a sudden I find myself back out on my Desktop. When I go back into the game (by clicking on the game which is minimized on the Taskbar) it says something like "We paused the game while you were away" and I click on "Okay" to pick up right where I was when I got kicked out to the Desktop.

This happens repeatedly.

I am using a Logitech controller (through USB) for gameplay.

I thought it might be my screen saver trying to kick in so I turned it off. But the "kicked-out-to-the-Desktop" thing keeps happening.

I've played the game before on the same computer and this problem didn't happen then.

I know the problem isn't with the game but has to be something happen in my computer. Although I have Norton AntiVirus running, it can't be NAV becuase my computer has always had it running from Day One.

The one thing it might be is I have SpySweeper installed and it's always active. Could that be what's kicking me out to the Desktop?

Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone have a suggestion for figuring out what is causing this?

Archived