Home

[TSL]problem with orientation in dialogs

jinger

the speaker doesn't face the listener, with each entry it's reoriented towards the pc and not even locking facing and forcing the right orientation seem to resolve the problem. specifically i'm talking about dialogs in the ice accademy, Kreia has some lines with Handmaiden but i can't get them face2face.

I think that they might have purposly done it that way, but if you want them facing each other try:

1. Setting the camera angle to 0 and removing the camera animation.

2. They might have defined kreia's and handmaiden's dialog "Speaker" and "Listener" values to objects around the room, so you could change those values to the tag names of the characters and they would face each other.

But as far as I can see that is about the only thing I can think of that would make that happen. So I hope this helps.:D

the speaker doesn't face the listener, with each entry it's reoriented towards the pc and not even locking facing and forcing the right orientation seem to resolve the problem. specifically i'm talking about dialogs in the ice accademy, Kreia has some lines with Handmaiden but i can't get them face2face.

That's strange, it seems to work like it should here. I just created a test dialog from scratch in the DLG Editor with two party members and the Exile conversing, and it respected the Speaker/Listener fields just fine. The Speaker faced the Listener on every node. No scripts or orientation locking involved, just a DLG file.

Maybe something specific to that part that causes it? (I don't have any savegames near that spot so I can't see if it does the same in that particular dialog here.)

Archived