Home

Changes not saving

thegreatjoshini

Okay, I'm trying to change the amount of feats I get to buy during character creation but the same problem keeps popping up over and over and over and over again. Anytime I open up the featsgain.2da file with Kotor Tool, edit it and save it to my override folder, the changes don't save. The file always reverts back to the original defaults. Now I don't know why it would be doing this but any help at all would be immensely welcomed. I have messed with this blasted thing from about 7pm last Sunday night till now. Thanks in advance. edit: Btw, I have heard that older versions of kotor tool have trouble saving changes for TSL. I have version 1.0.2131.27110. Is that the latest version? And if it isn't, is there anywhere besides starwarsknights I can obtain the latest version because starwarsknights.com seems to be acting up and I can't get on the site.

Okay, I'm trying to change the amount of feats I get to buy during character creation but the same problem keeps popping up over and over and over and over again. Anytime I open up the featsgain.2da file with Kotor Tool, edit it and save it to my override folder, the changes don't save. The file always reverts back to the original defaults.

Did you edit more than one line? I've noticed that unless you click on another line after changing something (or adding a line) the changes will not stick after you save.

Also, when you re-open the file to check it out, do you click on it in the KotorTool TreeView, or do you open the 2DA Editor and use the "Open..." command in the File menu? The file in the treeview is always the one found in 2da.bif, it's not loaded from the override folder. You'll need to open modified 2DA files manually in the 2DA editor.

For featgain.2da which character classes do these columns represent: sol, sct, scd, sas, sld, and sma?

sol = Soldier

sct = Scout

scd = Scoundrel

sas = Sith Assassin

sld = Sith Lord

sma = Sith Marauder

You can check in the classes.2da file in the featgain column, where you will see those column labels are set. :)

Archived