Home

Mission's sidequest/Tatooine problem (spoilers)

Richard Blaze

I've been trying to get inside the Czerka Corporation office on Tatooine in order to finish the "Mission's Brother" sidequest by bringing Griff Vao those tach glands he asked me to get.

However, every single time I try to enter the door I'm unable to get inside, as the game immediately goes into the KOTOR start screen. There I can only press Alt+F4 to quit to Windows, nothing else will work (I click on Load Game, Options and all the other buttons, but they won't work). I've tried going through the Czerka door alone and with various party members, left Tatooine and come back, unequipped items, but nothing seems to work.

I'm guessing that this random crash is somehow tied to the Mission's Brother quest, because the last time I was on Tatooine (before I went to Kashyyyk and got the tach glands) everything worked just fine and I could get inside the office just fine (so I don't think there are hardware issues involved). As for what causes it at this point, I'm not sure but the multitude of mods I have installed (Mission Jedi Mod + its booster pack and the three item packs by RedHawke, and the Bastila's Revelation Robes mod with a nice red hair color mod to go with it) might and probably does have something do do with it.

I also had a glitch with the Sand People disguises earlier on, as I could only find one set of Sand People clothes in the Dune Sea despite killing three groups of them. Don't know where that came from, but at least it didn't affect gameplay much because I could still go in the enclave with just the PC and HK-47. With the Czerka office crash I can't do a thing and thus can not complete the Mission's Brother sidequest.

I know I should probably start a new game and/or delete some of the mods, but thought I'd check if someone here would know something about the issue. If you can help me in any way, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

hmm, you could try using the warp cheat to get to the area, but i unfortunately don't know what the code is for that.

Thanks for the tip, I'll need to try that if/when I find out the code.

and, so you know, the Workbench forum is more or less for hardware issues than gameplay bugs. moving thread....

I wasn't quite sure where to put this post at first, so I checked out various forums and saw threads about similar-looking problems (game crashing when you enter certain areas, although I probably should have taken into account that those might have been hardware-related) on the Workbench forum, and then I chose that one. But thanks for clearing that up.

EDIT: I tried the warp cheat, but got the same result as when I attempt to enter the door - it goes into the title menu screen. Oh well.

EDIT again: Now I tried the warp code from another savegame where I haven't got the tach glands yet, and I got inside the Czerka office. Now if I only could find a way to get in WITH the tach glands so I could finish the quest.

I've had this problem before, with other areas of the game. I think it has something to do with the game's inability to generate a particular model in the module you're entering - or the module itself. It could be a mod, but I don't know which of the mods you listed above would have an effect on modules or models - is Bastila in your aprty when you try? Might have something to do with the Revelation Robes, but RH made it pretty solid... if it is the Revalation Robes, it probably inculdes a conflicting mod.

{Disclaimer} I didn't make the Bastila's Revelation Robes mod, it was ChAiNz.2da. ;) -RH

Now, I'm just talking out my ass here. I really just screwed around with my game settings and mods until it worked. I never really found out what actually caused it.

I've had this problem before, with other areas of the game. I think it has something to do with the game's inability to generate a particular model in the module you're entering - or the module itself. It could be a mod, but I don't know which of the mods you listed above would have an effect on modules or models - is Bastila in your aprty when you try? Might have something to do with the Revelation Robes, but RH made it pretty solid... if it is the Revalation Robes, it probably inculdes a conflicting mod.

Nope, no Bastila (or any other NPC for that matter) in my party at that point.

However, I loaded another previous save that was in Lower Shadowlands and warped to the Czerka office on Tatooine with the cheat, and this time I actually got in. I gave Griff the tach glands, warped back to Kashyyyk, then again to Tatooine to finish the quest and then once more to Kashyyyk to continue the main quest. I also had Bastila in the party during this warp-a-thon with her Revelation Robes on, so I really have no idea why the crash occurred in the first place or why it fixed itself after I loaded the older save.

Anyways, thanks for your help, guys. Now I can finally continue the game without an incomplete "Mission's Brother" journal entry.

• 9 months later...

This exact same thing is happening to me right now too. However, I haven't used any mods or cheats. Another thing that hapens to me is that after I go in that building then reload the game, nobody on tatooine will talk to me. Now I have 2 quests ruined! Missions brother and Genoharden (since the guy won't talk to me to go to the dune sea). Is there any way to solve this without cheats? I dislike cheating.

Archived