Home

I Need Some Help giving custom classes

DarthDementous

Sorry! I think I might have posted this in the wrong category! But I really need some help. You see, I made a mod of myself who is a recruitable character. He is the leader of a cult group. The cult goup has three 'paths' which are like character classes. But I don't have the scripting knowledge that would let the PC join a certain class. So I am asking for help from any good scripters. The three paths are Dementous Soldier, Dementous Order Seeker, and Dementous Apprentice. If someone would make three scripts that would allow the PC to join one of these paths would be so great! I would thank whoever helps me in the mod's readme file. If this is in the wrong section of the forums, it would be possible to move it to the right one, right? Anyway, I would be so thankful for anyone who would help me!

Keep in mind that characters in the game can have at most two classes, thus you can only grant custom classes to someone who only have one class, or it will replace their second class with the new one.

The script to give a second class is fairly simple. It might look like:

void main() {
   object oCharacter = GetFirstPC();

if (GetLevelByPosition(2, oCharacter) <= 0) {
       AddMultiClass([color=Yellow]12[/color], oCharacter);
   }
}

...where you change the number marked in yellow above to the line number in classes.2da for your new class you want to give.

If it's for KotOR1 you'll need to make one copy of the script for each class to give and change the number accordingly. If it's for TSL and it's used from a dialog you can use parameters to specify the class numbers and would only need one script in that case.

Okay, so maybe I should scrap the whole idea about actually making a new class. Is there any way that a good scripter could do my one last major favor? I would put their name in the mod's readme file (I think that is the sixth time I have said that. lol.). This is what I need: Six scripts altogether. Here are the effects that I need for each each script:

1-3.This script is activated when a certain part of dialogue has been done (context: I talk to my recruitable character, Darth, and I ask him if I can join a certain part of his cult group.) I will need three separate scipts for this. One script for each part of Darth's cult group. The names of each of these scripts should be: 1.JOINSOLDIER. 2.JOINSEEKER. 3.JOINAPPREN.

4-6.The next three scripts are like this:

4.This script means that if you have had JOINSOLDIER activated before, you can view the dialogue that this script is restricting.

5. Same as 4, but you need the JOINSEEKER script instead.

6. Same as 4 and 5 but you need JOINAPPREN.

If anyone could make those 6 scripts for me, I would be forever in your debt. I will put your name in my mod's readme file and I would do any beta testing you need! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Oops! Sorry for double post!

Archived