Home

MI2 End help please

Like a Cow

Alright, here's the deal: I've been playing Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge and it's been pretty fun except for the fact that I'm stuck at the ending. I've consulted FAQs but they don't seem to work.

I need part of LeChuck's beard for the voodoo doll, and I'm supposed to shut his beard in the elevator to get it. It says "the minute LeChuck appears outside the elevator, pull the lever. Well them minute LeChuck appears I start clicking "pull lever" or "use lever" like mad, but all Guybrush does is stand there until he gets sent away be LeChuck. Am I just supposed to open and close the elevator at random times till it catches his beard, or what? What am I supposed to do, because what I'm doing at the moment seems to be incorrect.

Do you have 2 (or three, I can't remember) helium filled baloons in the elevator with you? I think one of them can be a helium filled surgical glove, but you need those things to make the elevator lighter and then you can shut the door on LeChuck and get his beard.

Do you have 2 (or three, I can't remember) helium filled baloons in the elevator with you? I think one of them can be a helium filled surgical glove, but you need those things to make the elevator lighter and then you can shut the door on LeChuck and get his beard.

From the original post it sounds like the problem is that the elevator door won't close when LeChuck is there, but can close normally. No matter what, Guybrush should at least try to pull the lever, which sounds like it isn't happening. In that case, it's some bug that really sucks.

But if it actually is the balloon problem, then the OP did a horrible job of making it clear what the situation is. You need 2 Gloves and a balloon, all filled with helium, before the door can actually shut. It won't shut at all without all three, but he'll pull the lever and the door will try to close.

• 2 weeks later...

No, It will half close and shudder a bit, then open, without ever completely closing.

I only remember this because I very recently played through MI2.

Also, what would be the point of the balloons if the door closed without them? There is nothing important in the Melee alley. If the doors could close completely without the balloons, then the balloons would just be a superfluous obstacle to getting nowhere.

You need the doors to close on LeChucks beard so that when you go up to Melee alley you can retrieve his beard from the closed doors and use it in your voodoo doll. If the door simply closed it would not rip his beard off, just close on them and then open again.

But yes, you're probably right that they don't close fully without the balloons, I haven't played either game in a while.

Archived