Home

OJP 0.1.0 is nearing completion!

Maxstate

I'm sure you've all went to the Hosted Forums once or twice and that you've seen the OJP (Open Jedi Project) Forums, maybe you've even went and looked in it and posted in it.

But have you played it? Tried out the new version?

Razor Ace and the team have been working very hard on OJP lately, their continous work has brought us features such as:

-A brand new Experience system similar to Action-RPG hybrids such as Enemy Territory. You frag people, duel, gun and play through maps to receive skill points which you can buy skills, weapons, gadgets and Force powers such as the rocket launcher, the e-11 blaster, bacta tanks and soon also a flamethrower and a cloaking device!

Currently we have most of the guns from regular BaseJka, but retooled completely and with the ability to buy more ammo for them.

Force Powers have been balanced and made much more useful and are available to both Jedi AND Gunner-Jedi Hybrids!

-Toe-to-toe, movielike Saber system that features parries, ripostes, feints, power attacks, stumbles, bounces, stuns, freezes, kicks and much much more! You can now duel other Jedi like dueling was always meant to be, and with the new addition of the mishap bar (like a concentration bar) duels will never be the same and always leave you on the edge of your seat.

-Dodging and smart Jedi reflexes will simulate Jedi defense as best as possible with features such as auto-push, jump-dodge, dodging saber attacks and blaster fire and increased telekinetic usefulness meaning that you will be able to push back much more than just stormies. Blasterfire and all projectiles are now pushable just like in JO.

-A myriad of new cvars and server options, not to mention admin commands will make every server customized to it's admin and will make the work of admins much easier. For one the automatic kicking system for tkers and the auto team-balance options will make the work of admins and subadmins much easier and not to mention give them a lot more power to admin their system the way they like too!

-Coop mode enables you to play Single Player maps online with your friends.

Fighting stormtroopers and reborn will never be the same again with the new experience system and saber system coming along for the ride.

-Fun new force powers and skills like Force Fall which will slow down your descent from heights, or Manual Deflect which will bring a whole new level of pleasure to deflecting blaster shots!

-Other Features:

-RGB Sabers: Choice from thousands (millions?!) of colours to make your saber colour just right.

-Ledge grab will give this mod a real platforming spin.

-Holsters for all weapons will mean a lot to movie-realism and just look plain cool!

-Trueview will give you the option to follow everything your jedi does from First person, realistically! Gunning, saber fighting and blowing stuff up was never this close to you.

That ^ was just a very small and shallow preview of all the new features that you'll be able to play with in OJP.

I hope you're as excited about it as I am because this could breath a whole new breath of life into JKA. RP'ersrs, FFA'ers and Siege players will all be able to join OJP in their own way because of it's versatility.

Gunners and Jedi alike will have equal chance of survival and will have about equal chance in customization options.

The skill system will define the experience and finesse your character posesses, and with such, Obi and Ani Vs. Dooku Battles and other recreations will be VERY possible to do.

I don't have the days required to explain ALL the features of OJP to you, and I hope this is enough to get you pumped.

If anyone has any more questions about the mod post them here or add me to msn: arminhalilovic@hotmail.com or xfire: tkpaddy and I'll answer any questions you might have.

As soon as I get home I will post a download link to the latest OPEN beta of OJP and I'll present you with a chance to try it out along with me and a couple of friends. Servers are sparse for the mod because of lack of advertising but I'm hoping that my post here will change at least a small part of that :).

Mods and admins:

I had to do this quickly as class is about to start, I'm at school.

If this happens to be in the wrong forum please move it and my apologies in advance if so.

Archived