Home

Help for the Asian Psychonauts players!

Byakko

Okay, here's the lowdown.

I am a Singaporean, and I represent the Singaporeans as well as other South-East Asian Xbox owners who lament the fact that WE DIDN'T GET NO PSYCHONAUTS FOR OUR REGION!

Okay, basically, our Xboxes (unmodded) are NTSC-J. So we can play Japanese games.

HOWEVER, obviously from this post, most of us use ENGLISH as our normal mode of speech.

Hence, we also get SOME English games produced in the USA or Europe for our region as well.

Here's the problem.

Because our Xboxes are NTSC-J, we must have specially re-produced version of US games to get them to play on our Xboxes.

Psychonauts never had a NTSC-J version. It was never even brough into Singapore.

The closest thing is the NTSC version, but then, it depends on the region coding of the game!

Some games, like the NTSC Indigo Prophecy, works on NTSC-J consoles as well.

However, although there is an NTSC version of Psychonauts available from the DoubleFine shop, there is no clue as to the game's regional coding!

Would anyone who owns an NTSC original Psychonauts game PLEASE check the DVD region coding of the game itself so that I can find out whether it'll work on an NTSC-J console?

• 3 weeks later...

Not many (if any, besides me) Singaporeans even KNOW about Steam; and we don't need it since Psychonauts is available from Popular bookstores (VERY comman and general bookstore here) outlets and pretty cheaply, at $20.

And in all honesty, it's not comman to d/l games here...which aren't pirated *cough*

Don't worry, I haven't bought a pirated game in years, except on occasion for my GBA...

I checked the box. On the side at the bottom is says: NTCS|U/C

I suppose that means it only works in the USA and Canada. But mine's for the PS2 ... so I cant be too sure.

Consider asking Doublfine itself at it's official website, who knows. And if that fails, I would go ahead and d/l it from Steam. Or maybe you can buy it for the PC...

Archived