Home

Newbie and MI stuff.

Matt S

Well It seems I found this place..................

Hi Im a newbie, Im Matt (you may have guessed from my name)

I've been playing monkey island games since i was about 13 or 14 back when i had TSOMI for the amiga. I've played and finished everyone since. I love MI in general. Im nearly 30 now so its certainly kept my attention.

So there you go, shoot me down, ignore me, lick me..............but at least im out the closet(in a monkey island fashion-nothing weird)

Hi! I'm a newbie too! We could have a newbie party!

Seriously, though, I've lurked here on and off pretty much forever. I even remember when the Scumm Bar was still alive *sniffle*

Anyways, I think the MI games are great. I love the original two the best, closely followed by CoMI...and then EFMI.

• 3 weeks later...
Not that I want to be pessimistic, but I very much doubt that MI5 will be made in the near future, if ever. I would love for it to be made, I just doubt it will be.

Sadly, I have to agree with you.

As a matter of fact, I don't know if LucasArts will ever resurrect the Adventure genre in his games; by today's standards, those game are not exactly "long-lasting". You buy it, you finish the story-line, and that's it. If you ever get to replay it, it will be many months later (or maybe years). That's why multiplayer games (such as Warcraft III, Unreal Tournament, etc.) are quite successful; you can finish the main story-line, but that's just the beginning: Endless hours of online play await.

I would REALLY love to hear the official announcement of MI5, but we'll just have to wait and see...

Archived