Home

Creating a level based on an original level...

Darth Badguy

Since I'm to lazy to build a map from scratch, I decided to use an existing map to modify. I found the Coruscant map files in \BF2_ModTools\assets\worlds\COR\world1. It contains a hell lot of files all called cor1_*something*.*something*.

I browsed to my own map folde world, F:\BF2_ModTools\data_PI7\Worlds\PI7\world1 (my lvl is called PI7). But the files over there are all called PI7_*something*.*something*, which is quite logic indeed.

But... how do I use the coruscant map files in my map? Somehow I don't think everything works when I remove the PI7_*something*.*something* fies and just place the cor1_*something*.*something* in my folder, but renaming all "cor1" parts to "PI7" doesn't sound like a working idea either... help please?

I know very little about map making so I would go to gametoast also, but I believe you copy the files you want, for example, if you want the sky there is a cor.sky file I believe. Put this in the assets folder of your map I think. Double check the getting started guide. I know you can do what your planning on doing but I dont know how to do it, I tried doing the same thing on Jabbas but I never figured it out, as I said before, go to gametoast.com and go to the forums and then the modding section and ask.

Archived