Home

Galochio vs. Aquato Fanfics?

Look at some of the posters in the Meat Circus level. It says 'Galoshios Dead'. This implies two things: Raz knows they are dead and, surprisingly, they are dead. Yet everybody seems to ignore this and say the Galochios are alive, well, and filled with hate. Why? They're dead. And they probably wouldn't carry such prejudice for as long or to the extremes I've seen people write.

(Another thing - Raz is always, for some reason, totally ignorant of his family's history. What the heck? Maybe this is just me, but he strikes me as fairly competent. He has posters of them in his mind. This indicates he might know something about them, like, oh, I don't know, WHO THEY ARE. Just a thought.)

Anyhow... yeah. That's my little question asking rant about the Galachios. The DEAD Galachios, I take joy in adding.

Well actually, there's a question mark next to "dead?". That kind of tends to imply a question, which I believe can be taken to mean that Raz thinks they're dead, but he's not entirely sure. As for Raz's dad not telling him anything, I do believe he has...I just don't think he's gone into a lot of details as to what happened. I mean, there's a chance that there's one hell of a violent past there, probably not something you'd want to tell a kid ten years old or younger, no matter how competent he is. I'm sure he at least is aware of who the Galochio's are, at least.

...course, you know, in CP Raz does go "ftw dad said you guys were dead!" but I don't really think this was a point at my fic specifically, was it?

The fact that there's a violent past there doesn't seem to stop people from saying the Galochios taught that past to their kids. This is kind of a 'wtf?' moment for me; if Raz's dad isn't saying anything on it, chance's are the Galochio's dad isn't either, if it's THAT bad.

And what is it with people portraying the Galochios as some sort of psychoitc, dysfunctional, hate filled, and abusive family? I understand they don't like the Aquatos, but fanfiction writers need to understand that doesn't make them villains.

I'm not entirely sure why it is that the Galochio's are always told and the Aquato's aren't. Generally I think this just makes it so the author can have a super awesome scene where the Galochio reveals everything, it makes for a good plot device. Even so, it depends on the fic and the reasoning behind it. I mean, in my fic...things are a bit different, since in the Galochios case it's been their duty to stop the Aquatos for generations Originally the Aquatos were the "bad guys", after all, and it was the Galochios duty to stop them...thus, the Galochios were extremely strict, because...well, they had to be. If they weren't strict, the one who's next in line for carrying out the fight may fail, and they couldn't have that. As time went on that power started corrupting them and those feelings of hatred that were instilled from the beginning grew and grew, twisting into this...obsessive near-insanity that got passed on and on, and of course the Aquatos only made it worse, seeing how at the time they were the evil ones.

By the time the Aquatos came to their senses, the Galochios were far too fixated on the whole "Must-stop-Aquato-and-save-world-OMG-HATE!" thing to stop. The Galochios have gotten to the point where they're all pretty much crazy and obsessed with that one single thing. It's pretty much all they'd tell their kids about, so their kids know what "OMG THE AQUATO'S DID!!!11oneone" and how "OMG YOU NEED TO KILL THEM ALL!" Meanwhile, the Aquatos...have really realized "Well crap, we've been idiots and now those guys who have been trying to stop us are just as psycho as we were." They can't talk the Galochios out of it because they're too far gone to listen, so they take a slightly cowardly route and just try to forget the problem. Pretend it's not there, hope the Galochios insanity will kill themselves off, and maybe it'll all just go away...yeah, that didn't work. Now finally we reach Nereus, whom has...pretty much taken what was originally the Aquato's role, and Raz...well, he's got to work out how to end this whole mess.

...but that's just my story. I really can't say why in...just about all A vs. G fics the Galochios are the bad guys (mind you, in CP they weren't originally, but that whole mess kind of works in this weird twisted circle, so...). I think it's just sort of the default black and white mentality, Raz is the good guy and the Galochios cursed his family so obviously they must be the bad guys. Raz's family is strict but caring, so to go with the opposing forces thing the Galochios must be a much of psychotic, abusive psychos. It makes an interesting contrast, I suppose...that and it makes a good plot device, which is what I think most people are looking for. But I have seen fics with good Galochio's in them. Take a look at Cursed, wherein the main OC is a Galochio, and her family is most definitely not portrayed as a bunch of psychos. Also, there's Noz from King of Fools...granted, the Galochios are still pretty crazy here, but there's more to it than just "lawl teh Galochios are teh bad guys!!111".

It's not like it's necessarily a bad thing to have the Galochio's as the bad guys, either. No, the game didn't say they were a bunch of abusive psychos and they're all OMG EVIL, but it didn't exactly say they were a kind, caring, loving family either. Aside from the naming of the Hand of Galochio, Raz's mentioning of the curse, and the posters in Raz's mind, there's no canon mention of them. This means really, they can be taken and interpreted as the fic author sees fit...it just so happens they tend to be interpreted more as villians, that's all.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow... Heated...

I dunnow, gypses usually have big families, and so unless it was full blown genocide than there are still plenty of members of the Galoshios. Furthermore, I think the whole family grudge thing is a far more interesting subject to write about than gay childmolestation...

Knowing my luck, I have a million homophobic slash hores gang up on me for speaking my mind... Well, it was fun here while it lasted...

(I hate het child molestation to, BTW, and would you just give my retarded spelling a rest you nitpickers....)

• 2 months later...

It would be interesting to explore why the Galochios cursed the Aquatos in the first place. Some bad business maybe? Did one family rip the other off? Did two kids from the families fall in love and somehow it ended in heartache? Somehow I picture it as a fight between to old bitter rivals who've been fighting so long they forgotten that the blame is pretty much on both of them, equally instead of on one completely.

The funny thing is, the Galochios are supposed to be psychics, right? So maybe they didn't curse the Aquatos at all. Maybe they only predicted it.

The funny thing is, the Galochios are supposed to be psychics, right?

No one ever said they were psychic.

For all we know, the reason they cursed the Aquatos is because they're not psychic and got freaked out by the Aquatos' powers.

Galochios: WTF OMGZ NOES TEH PSYKIKS [curse!]

Aquatos: Aw, crap.

By the way, that would make a really cool fanfic... if the Galochios were psychic-hunters or something... or maybe they thought the Aquatos were witches. And one of the Galochios could go after Raz and... and... yeah.

Well, damn, it could work. I would read it, anyway...

But that was the whole reason Raz thought his father hated him for being psychic. His exact words to Cruller when you get either Invisibility or Telekinesis when he asks why his father would hate them, Raz responds 'Psychics killed his whole family'. And in Meat Circus, when you face off against the evil version of Raz's dad he will not shut up about psychics.

Hmmmm. I gotta replay me some of that.

But if psychics killed the WHOLE family, how come there are still so many Aquatos around, as evidenced by posters in the gypsy caravan? The psychic killing spree could be a legend or something. Man, I love that backstory.

Cheeze brings up a rather interesting point, the people in the posters and that Raz was training with in the memory reel (whom you assume are his his family) could all be siblings and cousins from his mother's side of the family - the side that perhaps doesn't have a vendetta against the Galochios.

Just something interesting he brought to light . . .

• 1 month later...

Archived