Home

EFX question

Volrath_olave

hi... where i can edit the code of a push, heal, etc efxs?

i want to do a new effect of push... but in a new level, i mean keep the efx of push and add another. (an expansive wave, like the trailler of SW:force uleashed) or i have to edit another thing?

PS: i have the src code, but i can't find the code of these effects

Lol... You must change the effect file that is in the assets to do such and find that file if you want to change it further and look for the file in code because its there somewhere... push/pull actually use a different type of code for the big bowl blur, its an actual renderer effect so i dont think you will go about changing that easily. and heal doesn't really have the magic stuff that SP does in MP...

• 3 weeks later...
You can use EffectsEd from the SDK to edit and modify .efx files like the heal and push one after you've extracted them from assetsx.pk3.

Notepad works fine too :)

And the effect Volrath is talking about has to be defined by code. He's talking about the kinda blur-like effect that extends from your hand when using Force Push, not the white smoke that comes out of the different bodyparts of the pushed player. You cannot make an effect like the blur one simply by using .efx files.

I've also looked for it for a while, but I have no clue where it is. Sorry man :(

Archived