Home

Modeling help please!

Fmmm

Hi! I'm Fullmetal, an avid JKA:CTF player and aspiring modeler. I've read every tutorial I can find and downloaded many programs. I completed my first player model (the modeling part), I did the UVW map, but then I ran into a snag for weighting it. I made the model in Milkshape 3d 1.7 because I was unable to find a working GLM importer nor could I get the md3 import script to work for GMAX (I have version 1.2) or MAX 9. When I reached the weighting part I learned (I hope not incorrectly) that weighting can only be done in MAX or XSI. After learning this, I downloaded XSI mod tools 4.2. I was unable to find any md3 or glm importer for this program so I once again hit a brick wall :cry6:. My trial of 3ds MAX 9 runs out in less than 10 days and I am too poor to purchase it once the trial runs out. Can someone please link me to working importers or tutorials that show weighting done in a program other than the 2 I was led to believe are the only 2 usable? Any help at all? In case it helps at all here is a basic description of the model I made: It is merely the kyle model with a robe surface over it and a hat surface created. I made it very basic just to test my ability to get it into the game. Since completing the model, I have made 2 saber hilts to test my ability to follow tutorials, and I was very successful with thoes, so I believe if I am pointed in the right direction I can acomplish this. Please help me in any way you can! :cry6:

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Raven_Animation_and_Model_Source_Files_Part_1;26624

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Raven_Animation_and_Model_Source_Files_Part_2;26625

You do not use a GLM exporter, you export it as an XSI, and use Carcass and Assimilate to compile it into a GLM player model, the above two links contain models in XSI format if you wanna use them as weighing referances.

eep I think you misunderstood my problem. My issue isnt exporting the file, I haven't gotten that far yet, I need a working IMPORTER so I can import the XSI skeleton and weight my model to it. Once I get that far I can worry about exporting (which im sure Ill need a working DOTXSI exporter since when I start up GMAX and 3dsMax I get an error that says the exporter failed to initialize D: Thank you for your post though I found the second link in it useful as I hadnt downloaded that before

• 5 months later...

Archived