Home

warping script

MacTavish

Hello again,

I was just wondering what the script was to warp to another module. I wanted to put it into a computer panel in my custom module.

Thanks

void main() {
   StartNewModule("[color=Pink]MODULENAME[/color]", "[color=Yellow]WPTAG[/color]");
}

Change MODULENAME to the name of the module (usually the same as the name of the MOD file, or the RIM file without the "_s"), and WPTAG to the Tag of a waypoint within the target module where you want the player to appear.

I actually did a warp console once so I think so advice is in order. So here goes... MAKE SURE YOU SET GLOBALS! If you don't know what they are find out because they can really save you a lot of hassle.

Good luck with the mod.;)

Thanks for the advice! Although, this may sound like a dumb question but what are Globals?

Thanks for the advice! Although, this may sound like a dumb question but what are Globals?

Globals are how the game tracks things, they tell the game if something has already been done or not by the number that they are set to. Like for example lets say you want a script funtion to run if the global's number is one and the actual number of the global is 2, that means the script funtion will not run. Now if the number of the global is in fact 1, it will allow the funtion to run.

Also, I know it's not a dumb question because I asked it when I first found out what they were.;)

Hope this helps.:D

Archived