Home

Mod Compilation

Police

Hello everyone,

I've had KotOR ever since it came out, and ever since then, it's been a "classic". About a week ago, I reinstalled it to re-run it and while looking for a Vista fix, I found this forum by chance.

I downloaded 5 mods and tried them out that day and I loved the new feeling they gave to the game.

However, upon downloading the "KotOR tool" it became quickly apparent modding the game was no easy task. All I managed to do on my own was modifying an armor's upgrades.

However, when I attempted to mod T7's Calo blaster , from WotOR, with disastrous results, and upon looking around and finding a few mods that conflicted with each other, I wondered.

Why not make a Mod Compilation pack? I've seen a couple of posts that make me inclined to think some people eat .2das and .utis for breakfast.

For example, some really good combinations I've come across ( from my 30 minute browsing of filefront ) (Alphabetical order)

-Bastila robe replacement (Woogie)

-SuperEnhanced and Ultimate Sound Mod (Shem)

-Helena's Robe change (Shem)

-Movie Style Replacement Hilts (? (nothing in the readme))

-pmhcs (Inyri Forge (from Rogue Squadron?) )

-Segan Wyndh Armor (ChAiNz)

-Sherruk Sabers (Shem)

-WotOR (T7nowhere,svösh,Mono_Giganto)

And I'm sure there's more to find (Please also recommend if you can).

However, this is a good example of mods that (IMO) make really good changes to the game, but for the most part conflict with each other. Some of them have an easy fix, apparently, but combining 3 of these has given me a headache and actually made me want to start the game from scratch.

Is it possible to make a compilation of the Must-have? If so, would someone with the skills please do it?

Thanks

Welcome to the forums Police! :waive1:

We already have mod compilations for both games...

K1: K1 Holowan Plugin

K2: TSL Holowan Plugin 2

With the advent of the Patcher program most of the newer mods are compatible with other mods pretty much automatically (unless edits to files themselves conflict). Or the mod maker didn't use the patcher program (some mods need to some don't).

Then there are the permission issues of being able to release various modders mods as a 'pack'. As some of the more 'vintage' Kotor I modders have gone on to other things so securing their permission would be very difficult, let alone getting them to convert their mods to use the patcher. Securing permission to use another modders mod materials is a must around here.

Well, to let you know that noone is allowed to release mod compilations on this forum unless they gain permission from each modder to combine their mod with others for public release.

Perhaps you can avoid having to wait for someone else though, if your willing to work for it.

First which 3 mods are you having trouble combining. Second it would also help if you provide links to all the mods you listed, I'm not familar with a few of them. You need to find the files that are named the same between the mods and then find out what the differences are.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the prompt and useful responses.

Don't worry about permissions, I used to be a skinner for a game called "Tribes 2" and I understand the pain one has to go through and the small effort it takes to respect this both are necessary for any game and mod. Most of the time I leave a thank you message, unless it's one of the compulsory log-in sites.

At any rate, thanks for the link Red, and the patcher suggestion. I'll have to check them out.

Also, outstanding job with the WotOR , T7. Only weapon I couldn't stand was HK's - "47" ;\ . It's well done but it makes me think of Terminator 2 + The russians are coming.

Also, I'd like to ask how would you go about editing one of the weapon skins. I've been trying to get Calo's to be black, I'd imagine they'd go fantastic with the exoskeleton. Also , would it be possible to make them Upgradeable? I just love them, albeit they are a tad too large xD.

What mods are you missing? I'll gladly search for them again.

Also, the conflicts would be between "WotOR, SuperEnhanced and Segan" initially. However that was just a list of mods I'd think would be Must-Haves.

Is there a list of recommended mods?

Thanks again

No list of reccomended mods... that would inveritably lead to hurt feelings. Though we do have a Fans Choice contest so you might check out the threads in T.U.C.E., but those are a little skewed because they are for mods made in a certain time period so they are not inclusive of the many wonderful mods that have come out before the years indicated.

We do have resources for you to find mods for these two games The Taris Upper City Emporium which is a forum for modders to post release threads on their mods and download links. We also have the Where can I find Mods? thread that contains links to many of our modders sites. There is also Lucasfiles and Filefront that also hosts K1 and K2 mods. ;)

I hope this helps! :D

Archived