Home

The 2 worst things about this game: Star Fighters and graphics(but especially fighter

Guest sir_thzar

Guest sir_thzar

Ok, the graphics are bad.... but I dont want to discuss that, just vent about it.. that out of the way... the serious problem is star figthers

Sure, a star fighter could hover on its repulsor lifts and fire lasers at something, or a bomber could do the same, but seriously.... part of the attraction to a fighter is speed and dog figths, the big cool thing about bombers is one streaming over head dropping death on you, and gone before you can look up. Its been done well in the westwood games, it can be done here, easily. At this point figthers are uninspiring..... also, it took 2 proton torpedos to kill the death star... it takes a dozen or so to blow up a little house in SWGB.... Now preach to me about game balance all you want, but the fact is your not thinking..... make the runs short, and the wait long, but make a torpedo actually as powerful as it would be... .We want to play this game because we loved the movies... so make it like the movies..... and take out gunguns.... they are lame, and you all know, even those of you that wont admit it to yourselves.... you know the truth of thier dumbness in your heart...

oh yeah, dotn wast your time insulting me, if you dont like my post talk about the post instead of debating about my age or cognitive abilities.. there are alot of spelling errors because its not worth the time to proof read... deal with it

Guest dr_death

i realy dont know why you are complaining about the graphics, something must be wrong with your computer!

and i couldent be bothered to read the rest

Guest Maul403
also, it took 2 proton torpedos to kill the death star... it takes a dozen or so to blow up a little house in SWGB....

so are you saying ONE x-wing should be able to blow up your ENTIRE base?

Hmmmm..... okay, that makes six.

Six threads have been made about the same subject. If you want to rant, search the forums for "fighters" and "Weak". There's plenty to choose between :mad:

:mad: Are there others than me here that are beginning to consider this SPAMMING!? :mad:

Okay, thanks you for comparing at last. But actually, it took two proton torpedoes and a reactor core to blow up the death star. The torpedoes wouldn't have done any damage if they were just fired at the surface ;). or do you really mean that the x-wings should have an attack value of 999999999999 (add about a houndred 9's) :p?

Guest Admiral Odin

I would love to see fighters straif but they don't. If you want realism then this isn't were you will find it, this is for fun and balance (which I want). I like the gunguns and think they will be fun to play.

Guest porkins14

dude, unfortunately you are attacking buildings with x-wings, thats your own lack of intelligence. Why dont you send R2-units to knock down castle walls and then complain that they are too weak. Thats not their job!!! The graphics are fine, your computer must be lacking. Furthermore, just because you dont like the gungans, I know a lot of people who are very interested to see the gungans, including myself. From now on try to stick with the facts. Saying nobody wants gungans is just an opinion of yours so dont act like everyone thinks like you. I suggest reading a little of the tech tree or information on the units before you play again so you will refrain from attacking things with the wrong unit in the future. Good luck buddy

Guest Mad_Dog

ok well i absolutly have to add my 2 bits so.... if you want a REAL question why don't you ask what are the submarines?!?!? they say these units can detected when you research but how do you freakin submerge one?!?!? can someone please tell me?

oh and darth_beast? isn't that a spam?

Guest Master Yoda

THE graphics suck?? I thought the graphics were GREAT!!! As for the fighters I wish they would have made them stonger in the way of armor but other than that they are fine.I would rather keep the gungans and toss the Naboo( though I havent played as either so that is just my opinion according to what ive seen.)

when i first played the demo i started with the caimpaign i didn't like it cause you had too many good troopers but i played multi and can't stop.

Originally posted by Master Yoda

THE graphics suck?? I thought the graphics were GREAT!!! As for the fighters I wish they would have made them stonger in the way of armor but other than that they are fine.I would rather keep the gungans and toss the Naboo( though I havent played as either so that is just my opinion according to what ive seen.)

Believe me Yoda, you will not think the same of fully upgraded Naboo starships ;)

Guest Admiral Odin
Originally posted by Mad_Dog

ok well i absolutly have to add my 2 bits so.... if you want a REAL question why don't you ask what are the submarines?!?!? they say these units can detected when you research but how do you freakin submerge one?!?!? can someone please tell me?

oh and darth_beast? isn't that a spam?

most likly subs do this automatically. But need the game to find out.

Has anyone mentioned yet that an X-wing took out the death star only because the torpedos created a chain reaction?

I wish to point out the only reason 2 proton torpedos blew up the Death Star was because he fired it into the exhust port down to directly hit the Reactor, now i doubt it takes only a rocket scientist to figure this out but hitting a reactor core directly with even just 2 laser blasts will blow anything up, take for instance Anakin blowing up the Trade Federation base in Episode 1 in 2 shots, he hit the core directly.

Originally posted by Master Yoda

As for the fighters I wish they would have made them stonger in the way of armor but other than that they are fine.

I think they should have extra armor too but I also think it would look cool if your aircraft would strafe on targets and I was thinking it would be a goog idea to have something like the director's cut in st-armada that way you can choose (at the beginning of a mission or map) if aircraft will hover and fire or if they will make a dogfight look like a dogfight it would even be a good idea to have it for the rest of the units as well I mean you won't actually hold your position when you are attacking that would make you an easy target

Archived