Home

GF (problem after running game)

perolo

hi, im spanish and sorry for my english, ill try to explain this problem as better i can.

I installed GF in XP profesional sp2, atlon 64mb 3,2+ , 2gh 1,5gram Ati radeon X700SE.

I had not problems whit installation; i downloaded the path for xp and uploaded it ok.

Now, when i running the game in full screen mode (or windows mode), appear me an "error" like this (ill translate you) :

dfdfsm2.jpg

the translate is (so and so):

| Grim Fandango cannot initialize your hardware |

assure you of which it is not executing another DirectX application that is taking the exclusive control from its hardware.

I using directx9c, and i havent other aplications while this running :S..

Need help please, thanks.

salu2

Any body help this guy?

sorry dude, but while we have good taste in games, we don't have enough people to give very effective computer advice. I for one don't know that much about directx, but my only suggestion is try uninstalling your current version and go dig up earlier ones. Dosn't GF come with its own directx file? I think The Dig did, or at least with some adventure games i played.

i have the last version Directx :S.. i never see this problem in my computer using any game. i reinstalled directx and the problem didnt goes. i dont know what to do more.. T_T

tnx for reply dude

I doubt that going to a lower direct X will help...and it will most likely make it so that other programs do not work properly. I recommend that you try running the game in "Compatibility Mode" (try it for Windows 98)...I can't really help that much because I don't understand that well, and if that doesn't work...I don't know.

Archived