Home

Revan versus Bastilla in a one-on-one duel.

Sir Vougalot

I'd like a mod where, when you meet Bastila on the rooftop of the Rakatan temple, before the fight she inflicts Jolee and Juhani with a Stasis spell, and then again if you choose to follow the path of light and to fight her again, just like Darth Malak does to Carth and Bastila aboard the Leviathan prior to the battle. This is because I have always believed that this should be a one-on-one fight between Revan and Bastila.

Or that the very least just have them... stand there. This needs to be a battle between two former lovers than I can draw out for as long as I want by selecting a simple attack command and watch them fence, rather than having my stupid companions take her down with two hits and ruin the entire mood.

Edit: Oh, come on. You mean to tell me that no one else wants to have a one-on-one duel against Bastila without your team mates screwing it up?:(

Please do not 'bump' your thread here ZN we do not allow any form of 'bumps' here in the Mod Requests forum for the obvious reasons. I have combined your double 'bumping' post for you this time. Sorry. -RH

Not to seem nasty but. Dont double post. Someone might not look at your idea for weeks on end you just have to be patient and wait. Though I know it can be annoying.

However, I think this idea is good but I don't have the means of doing it. I supose it probably can be done.

it's only fitting that it be a one-on-one fight. All major boss battles are, so this one shouldn't be any different.

If no one makes a more polished solution you can try to unzip the two scripts in the attached archive into your override folder and see if that will work.

I don't have a working version of KOTOR 1 currently installed so I can't promise it works, but if the modifications work as intended it should make Jolee and Juhani (if present) leave the party and stand back and watch as you fight Bastila, and then rejoin the group afterwards.

bastilant.zip

Thanks, Stoffe. Which are the two scripts in question? And what exactly do they all do?

The ones inside the ZIP file in the above post? :)

One of the scripts is a modified variant of the script that causes Bastila to attack you after delivering her first bully brat speech at the top of the temple. I modified it to remove Jolee/Juhani from the party and set them not to interfere with the fight.

The second script is run after you defeat Bastila in that fight at the start of the dialog where she tried to woo you over to her side. Normally it just heals her and your party, but I modified it to add Jolee/Juhani back into the party as well.

As said both modifications are untested since I don't have the game installed to try them out with, so keep an eye out for any problems and be sure to save the game (in a new slot) before entering the temple roof. :)

The only complaint would be that, story-wise, having Jolee and Juhani just standing there is silly.

Indeed. But in my opinion it's less silly than a Darkside boss using a Lightside force power that bypasses saving throws, force resistance and stasis immunity and has incredible duration to only trap your associates. If they had that kind of super power why not trap the protagonist in it as well when they're at it, and kill her with no risk? :)

Sounds good.:) So, no Jolee or Juhani jumping into the conversation to try to get you not to turn to the dark side, then? I wish it were possible to preserve that. I didn't know the characters had to actually be in your party in order to put their two cents in. (At least that was how I interpreted Lactos' post. If he was just referring to them standing there and not fighting, but they still say their lines, then I have no problem with it. This was exactly what I was looking for.) Perhaps in a future version you could make it so that they leave the party after the first conversation rather than before, and then briefly join again for the second conversation and then leave again, so that their lines will still be said? I don't know, I'm new to the modding world; and I'm only just learning skinning now.

But thank you very much, Stoffe. I always love your work.

Sounds good.:) So, no Jolee or Juhani jumping into the conversation to try to get you not to turn to the dark side, then?

Unless I've made some mistake your party members should still be present during the conversations before and after the fight. They should only leave the party during the battle to allow you and Bastila to settle your differences in a duel.

(I.e. they should leave at the end of the bully brat conversation and rejoin at the start of the conversation where you can switch sides.)

Yeah all their dialogue is intact as far as I can tell.

Oops sorry if you took my previous post as a criticism Stoffe, that wasn't my intention at all! :D

But - purely for argu.. er discussion's sake :p - Bastila had no reason to kill the PC in any event (as far as I can remember). Game wise, her appearance was the last chance for you to get a Dark Side ending; story wise, her past link to the PC made her turn back to you, in a bid to get you to fulfil the obviously greater potential you'd have as the Dark Lord of the Sith... I think(?).

Hey, Stoffe, your mod works great! Thank you so much!

Now, if only someone would create a mod to turn all of the lightsabers off and not have them activate until the fighting starts, and then switch off again afterward, so that that annoying humming doesn't detract from the dialogue.

Archived