Home

Question about class combinations

eklipze2005

I'm new to the game and plan to become a Master Bounty Hunter and I was wondering how far I could go in another profession with the points I have left after becoming a master BH?

And what is the best secondary class to choose for a BH?

you can't cross classes. they have now what is the 'expertise' system. you choose a profession, say bounty hunter. and you get 3 trees to spend a total of 45 points on (when you are at level 90, you get so many points every couple levels) anyway the 3 trees are bounty hunter which focuses on damage output and shields, and bounty specialization which focuses on weapons and new specials, there is also beast master which everybody can put points into. Once you choose your skills you'll still be able to go and reset them through the profession councilor. it costs a few thousand credits to do that, it's not expensive at all, i've reset mine over 60 times and my next reset will cost about 35,000 credits. so play around until you find something that suits ya. :)

changing profession is another story, i think you get like 2 or 3 free respecs and it goes up in increments of 5,000 or 10,000 each additional respec.

I'm a bounty hunter myself, it's a good profession, and they'll be updating it in the next chapter i think.

Are you serious? You mean you can't be like a BH/CM anymore? I used to play a long time ago and you were able to have more than one. I knew they made a lot of changes with the NGE but I didn't know they removed being able to do that.

Wow, I guess this means the ranger must really suck now. They weren't a very good combat class before but I was able to get pistoleer as a secondary class, which helped alot. So does this mean all of the classes that used to be horrible for combat suck or were they changed a little bit to make them better?

they went from alot of classes down to only 9 classes....each with their own set of skills to choose from.

bounty hunter

commando

medic

smuggler

officer (squad leader)

spy (almost like ranger i guess)

Jedi (yep you can start as one now :rolleyes: )

Entertainer

Trader (structures, munitions, domestics, engineer)

they went from alot of classes down to only 9 classes....each with their own set of skills to choose from.

bounty hunter

commando

medic

smuggler

officer (squad leader)

spy (almost like ranger i guess)

Jedi (yep you can start as one now :rolleyes: )

Entertainer

Trader (structures, munitions, domestics, engineer)

Whaaaaat???? Okay I didn't know that... the people at SOE must be on the same crack that Mythic uses.

Its a good thing I came on here and asked these questions before I paid to get my account going again. lol

Guest DarthMaulUK

Its not as bad as it seems now. Professions are more streamlined and Galaxies still is the only MMO to allow users to spend their points, or unlock the Beast Master expertise as well. Still alot of variety, if not on the same scale as the old skill trees, which were fantastic

Archived