Home

Yoda Jolee

Gargoyle King

I never really liked Jolee the way he looked and i've always wanted to play as a Yoda type dude in Kotor. I was thinking, if anyone is interested to have a reskin of Jolee into a member of Yoda's species (perhaps a reskin of vandar) but keep all the dialogue paths the same (will sound a bit odd for the small guy with Jolee's voice, but oh well!). Also, since Jolee never swayed to the darkside i was wondering if there could be implemented a way to turn him to the darkside, complete with a darkside reskin with sith eyes (like he is influenced by your actions, swaying to the dark as you fall when he is with you outside the ebon hawk). To make the little guy a little more enjoyable to play, a few upgradeable shortsabers and robes could be made for him (including dark robes and upgradeable short red lightsabers) so if you want to go DS with him he will have his own red lightsabers and dark robes (possibly in a container on Korriban?). To finish off, a few small dialogue alterations could be made on the Unkown World so that if Jolee is darkside he will join you and Bastila instead of you just killing him on top of the temple so he'll be on the Star Forge. I can't mod to save my life, so would anyone be possibly interested in this idea?

I know you're asking for something more complex than this, but I'll just throw this out there, if you want to make-do for now...

The quick-and-dirty Jolee as Yoda (well, Vandar) would be to just open up KotOR Tool, browse to

KotOR I - BIFs - templates.bif - Blueprint, character

and double click on p_jolee.utc

Then in the creature editor, change his Appearance to "Unique_Vandar". Save the .utc in your override, and load up a savegame from before the time he joins you on Kashyyyk.

An even quicker, dirtier method would be to just tweak him with KSE. :D

I don't like releasing things that involved the appearance.2da file. What you can do what I did and add a line to the appearance.2da file.

joleeyodayk7.jpg

Line 82 isn't being used and it makes it so you can select it in the KOTOR Tool. Notice what is different between line 52 and 82 about making this work. Well, that is if you want Jolee to look different than Vandar. Tne "Racetex" is set differently so you can use a different skin for him.

screendemobf9.jpg

That particular skin I'm using for Jolee is one I used to use for Vandar, but when I made the switch, it made more sense for Jolee to use the gray one since he's a gray Jedi and gave Yandar a slightly different green skin and brwon robe. You can get that skin here for Jolee if you want.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Character_ReSkin_Pack;51573

I also used a different line than Jolee's just in case I need something to refer to Jolee again for a demo pic for something so it isn't a case where I have do to some serious modding to get it back for the time being. So I separated the the appearance slots so I only had to do it once and I have an armband to refer to Jolee's original appearance again. If you don't care about that, just replace Jolee's appearance line.

Anyway, I changed Jolee's p_jolee001.utc (that file is used when you first meet him taking on the Katarns and the task he has you do before he joins your party) and p_jolee.utc files to line 82 if you still want keep Jolee's appearance line available just in case you change your mind later you can just change your UTC files back to Jolee's.

I then gave him Old Flash's Yoda saber hilt.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Yoda_Lightsaber_Hilt;72905

Also if you want a portrait for him, just save this as a TGA file...

popjoleexa4.jpg

Save it as po_pjolee.tga and you will be set.

I also read about wanting that Juhani head I made. That's released.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Juhani_Total_Makeover;79013

Hope this helps! :D

Archived