Home

Help! Game Crashes...

pn191610

I Installed JKJA and I keep running into the same problem. The game starts, I get to the menu (single player by the way) and start a game. It happens at different times, sometimes during loading and sometimes during video sequences, but my computer just completely freezes. I lowered resolution and most other video settings and it allows me to play for about 7 minutes until the the game crashes again. Im not sure if this is a memory allocation/overflow problem. I have not tested if it is a general problem of the Q3 engine or just specific to this game. My setup is fairly old but not so bad as to where I shouldn't be able to run the game.

ATI Radeon 9600 128mb

768mb RAM

P4 1.6 Ghz

I can run all other games normally but really want to get this one working. I have installed the 1.01 patch still to no effect. Any advice?

Im not running a mod at all. This is just straight up single player. I tried loading the OJP version but that did nothing to help. I increased my AGP aperture size to 128mb, which increases my standard running Vmem to about 200mb. I loaded the latest drivers for my Radeon Card, and also loaded ATI tray tools. I also installed a NoCD crack to see if that was the problem. The game just runs for about 15 min now and then my computer completely freezes. The fps at the time of freezing is around 70 something and the average overall is around 40. This makes me suspect it has something to do with my video card or maybe some software issue because if it was a Ram issue it should slow down a great deal before crashing right? or maybe a processor glitch and the bios detects an irregularity?

another thing, I have the same problem running the game Anachronox. But all other games I have run just fine and are much more memory and processor intensive than these two games.

I think it could be a problem with opengl? i dont know... Someone help me...

also... Did some research and found a few things. Anachronox had an incompatibiltiy issue with Radeon cards running under OpenGL with anisotropic filtering enabled. I'm wondering if this is the same issue? And some people have experienced issues with an insufficiently large power supply. They say that it produces the same computer lockups i am dealing with. I can't friggin install the catalyst control drivers for some damn reason...and yes I already updated my .net framework...

Problem solved! i feel like an idiot... Dust had caused my CPU fan to seize and was causing the internal temp to reach the fail-safe temp lock set in the bios. A little PC-Duster and its all fixed... Thanks for nothing by the way.

Archived