Home

OJP glitched graphics?

Ah, I just wanted to ask 2 short questions, I don't know if they have been asked before but since the threads here didn't really have self explanatory names relevant to my ''problem'', I decided to ask instead.

So I have 2 problems:

I downloaded the 0.0.9v .exe setup file, installed it (after removing the 0.0.9b files, all except for the .cfg's), and I noticed that a few pk3's got changed (whether you changed the layout of these, or something else, I do not know, but I will take it to be not harmful.)

So I load up the mod, and create a server, and that's where I run into 2 problems.

1.: Apparently I have 2 ''invisible'' gametypes in my gametype list (I assume that these are those Cooperative gametypes).

2.: In the profile menu, when I select forces or gunnery, All saber styles are ''blank'', I only see the levels, "Saber", and the circles with the 1 in them (that show whether you have or have not learnt ''lvl 1 of style x).

Same with the gunnery and gadgets, all the names seem to be missing (actually, those 2 oddities revolve around ''missing / invisible names''.

So I ask you:

Is this a problem with 0.0.9v in particular?

If yes, then that solves it all I guess.

Is this a problem concerning missing .pk3's?

Opposite of the nice amount of pk3's with 0.0.9b, this one only has 2?

ojp_enhanceddlls.pk3

ojp_enhancedstuff.pk3

Is this a problem concerning a conflict with... well the only significant pk3 I have in my base folder is japlus_gla_anims.pk3 but I assume it wouldn't conflict with TEXT, so no need to assume that this is the problem.

Thanks for your time.

1. Remove the japlus_gla_anims.pk3. It will probably screw up OJP's animations.

2. Remove all .pk3s from your ojpenhanced dir.

Unfortunately, this is a side effect of the switch to installer. It shouldn't have to be done after that version.

No, the animations weren't the problem because I renamed them to .bak to be sure (and I still had the problem).

After I did ANOTHER install with the .exe it got fixed. I think the .exe did something weird and basically screwed up. (Faulty Install)

So Problem solved.

I just went to that meatgrinder server, and hell, it's nice =D.

I have to say for a first timer I managed to kick some ass xD.

btw. Are Points saved serverside so you can come back later and still have the superrank?

Reason I ask is because meatgrinder auto-restarted or crashed...

And well:

You don't have to get all your points again. (So if there's a server for an hour its still fair game vs. lvl 3 everything people).

Though the bad part would be that there would be a few to reign supreme on the others.

Though there could be a ''reset'' switch for this every so many times.

Actually if you put the JA+ anims in JA+ dir and know how to start it properly every time there is no reason to put it in base folder, same with any other custom anims.

It seems though, that you like to start mods from the main menu.

You must start mods with either a batch file provided by the mod or create your own shortcut that adds +set fs_game modfolder to the target. Mod folder being the folder the mod is in, ie: "ojpenhanced", "ensimod", "japlus", "ojpbasic", etc.

As for skill save, well the problem is that, how would you determine 1 player from another? OJP doesn't currently hold IP well and even then, what if you have more than 1 person on the same IP?

People on the same ip could be managed by name (Including ip of course, since else someone else could steal their name. I doubt that 2 people in the same house that play, would play with the same name, but fact remains that in many games ''same ip'' remains a problem. (Banned from RP servers ''it was my brother'', banned from games ''brother''.)

Either that, or do a name based one, but with a password.

That way you could do something like /enter_pass bla.

*User authorized, points given*

/save

*User current rank saved*

And yes I like to start them through the main menu, I had a little ''problem'' a while back where for apparently no reason at all, all settings get reset, I only have it with JA+ though, funny enough, only with the JA+.bat that came with it, I made my own and it stopped messing up. Weird.

Though now I created a big badass .BAT menu (xD) and use that for launching the mods, much easier if I can just open 1 bat and press a button rather than clicking a specific one :p

But the big issue was that even when I renamed the anims' extensions and everything OJP messed up. And the reinstall fixed it. I wonder why :rolleyes:.

I would suggest you get a single thread for these all of your troubles and suggestions to avoid some of us thinking that you're trying to megapost your way into the community :p

Your story reminded me of a problem I had when I first got JKA; I tried combining multiple mods and in was unaware of the term "conflict" ;d Funny thing was that several mails to the creators of the mods didn't help one bit because the problem was so stupid and simple that noone thought of it, nor thought that it could BE a problem.

This was before mods started to flood every file dump site on the internets, so I won't blame myself TOO much.

Moral of the story is to always check for conflicts and pk3s in your folders regardless of whether or not you think they are conflicting or not, wish I knew this sooner as it would've saved me so much sanity.

Moral of the story is to always check for conflicts and pk3s in your folders regardless of whether or not you think they are conflicting or not, wish I knew this sooner as it would've saved me so much sanity.

Problem here was that there was no ''conflict'', only a faulty install.

Archived