Home

Restrictions onto Items carrying

Leviathan

Dearest Star Wars™ : Knights of the Old Republic® Modders,

Despite the fact that the undermentioned request is primarily intended for Star Wars™ : Knights of the Old Republic® - The Sith Lords' Prequel, I do not doubt at all that the ways having to be used for performing the actions I am desiring to set up must not differ from one Star Wars™ : Knights of the Old Republic® Title to another one. Thus, I would be quite interested to learn how these LucasArts™-licensed Products manages to prevent players from getting dressed with Heavy Armors or carrying Heavy Weapons as long as the Spells required to do so have not been picked up. In case you would cognise the responses I am looking for and be disposed to unveil them with other LucasForums© members, then I would be greatly grateful to you for that...

Thanks in advance !...

manages to prevent players from getting dressed with Heavy Armors or carrying Heavy Weapons as long as the Spells required to do so have not been picked up.

If you mean like the Armor Proficiency Light/Medium/Heavy feats, those are set in the baseitems.2da file for each base item type.

The reqfeat# columns allows you to set up to 5 different feats that the player must know to be able to use an item of that base item type. Further, for weapons you can set which feat enables the Focus and Specialization bonuses for that weapon by setting values in the focfeat and specfeat columns.

All those columns take a line number in the feat.2da file as value.

In reality, I originally thought that the carry of Items demanding players to enable precise Spells was regulated by definite Star Wars™ : Knights of the Old Republic®'s Scripts, rather than by informations contained inside 2D Array files. Incidentally, as I was seeking a means to permit the wearing of a specific Armor under a few conditions, I guess that tweaking the data file you have brought up above might not help me that much with this. On the other hand, if you ever had some suggestions you would be inclined towards advising to me (Such as the utilization of the « SetItemNonEquippable » function, amongst other potential examples), then do not hesitate to put them forward to me...

Thanks again !...

........I was seeking a means to permit the wearing of a specific Armor under a few conditions.........

If I am interpreting your intent correctly, you can modify a gauntlet, forearm band, belt, or similar item to grant the wearer the appropriate bonus feat needed to don the desired class of armor.

If I have willed to learn a little more with regards to the techniques having to be exploited so as to be allowed to get dressed with a Heavy Armor calling for the suitable Spells, this is merely because I conceived this sort of constraints as being managed by Scripts, and in that very case, such an Item might have been also rendered wearable if particular Boolean or Global Variables were set to given values. Unfortunately, as this kind of features appears to be regulated by one 2D Array file, I greatly doubt that unblocking chosen equipments could be achieved without being forced to make use of Spells, and that's why my precedent idea is not that obvious to concretize...

Archived