Home

Emotional Attachments not working?

Simple question:

Does OJP Currently support bots with EmotionalAttachments (as in, do the ATTACHMENTS WORK)

If no, then will this be added later?

If yes, then I have a problem.

in basejka emotional attachments works flawlessly.

However in OJP:

*enter server*

bot1 + bot2 = like eachother

bot1 + bot2 = kill eachother like there's no tomorrow.

That's not right now is it :p.

For those that do not know what EmotionalAttachments are.

In the JKP file for your bot, there's a few things.

1.: Stats (How good your bot is at stuff, or how fast he can turn every time he ''thinks'' etc.).

2.: Replies and chat (What to say when X or Y event happens)

3.: Emotional Attachments (Who does this bot like and ''how much'' does it like this bot).

It looks like this

EmotionalAttachments

{

Botname [attachment 1 or 2]

(eg.:) Kyle 2

}

This would make the bot with this personality like Kyle a LOT, and well, not fight him during FFA matches. (1 = help in TFFA, 2 = Help in FFA)

They were defaulted for kyle/jan desann/tavion once if I remember correctly. I have seen a bot proclaim how I'm their next target because I killed so and so.

Try reading through the documentation again and if that doesn't work, razor ace time.

I've posted a reply to your bug ticket.

I replied with a counter argument lol:

The least I can do is try and persuade you to include a variable to activate or deactivate the emotionalattachments :p

eg.: ojp_EMOATTACH (0 / 1)

Also useful for 2 vs 1 practice when people aren't playing yet you want to play a game :p

-0mega-]Well lets say you and a buddy want to play a game of X and there's only an FFA server available, at least I know (personal experience) that *sometimes* I tend to team up with my friend, even though it's not a "team based" gametype.

Archived