Home

Im a little confused..

Celleye

I keep asking myself this question all the time and no matter how much i replay KOTOR 1 & 2 i still dont get it...

KOTOR 1 was just right after the Mandalorian wars right?

But KOTOR 2 confuses me, where does it take place?

I keep asking myself this question all the time and no matter how much i replay KOTOR 1 & 2 i still dont get it...

KOTOR 1 was just right after the Mandalorian wars right?

But KOTOR 2 confuses me, where does it take place?

Yes, Kotor 1 takes place after the Mandalorian wars. Kotor 2 takes place after the Jedi Civil War, which Revan started in K1.

As far as "time passed" goes.. the Exile's current story (TSL) happens 5 years after the events of KotOR.

It gets confusing because of the "flashback" history talk, in which you learn that the Exile served under Revan during the Mandalorian Wars... but for all intents and purposes, the 'present' (point where game starts) 5 years have passed since Revan left. As ronin93 stated, the Jedi Civil War has just ended. :)

• 1 month later...

KotOR takes place five years after the Mandi Wars (That is stated repeatedly in the first games first act.) and KotOR 2 takes place five years after the end of game one (I beleive that is from the games case.) If you want the exact dates Before the Battle of Yavin (B.B.Y) than check out the Knights of the Old Republic entry in the New Essential Chronology.

Just to sum up...

(note: BBY = Before the Battle of Yavin, as in the original movie, which is Episode IV)

3965 BBY: The Mandalorian Wars begin

3960 BBY: Mandalorian Wars end at the Battle of Malachor

3959 BBY: The Jedi Civil War begins, when Revan and Malak invade the Republic

3957 BBY: Malak betrays Revan and become Dark Lord of the Sith

3956 BBY: Jedi Civil War ends when Revan kills Malak (= events of KotOR1)

3955 BBY: Revan disappears into the Unknown Regions

3952 BBY: Nihilus destroys all life on Katarr

3951 BBY: Exile returns to the Republic (= events of KotOR2: TSL)

Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline#The_Old_Republic_era

Archived