Home

Problems with Malak saber

revan7189

I recently fought Malak, when he ignited his lightsaber i noticed it as blue! IM using Chainz longsaber mod and my lightsaber is blue, would that have to do anything with it? Does anyone know how this can be fixed? I really think the dark lord's saber should be blue.

I recently fought Malak, when he ignited his lightsaber i noticed it as blue! IM using Chainz longsaber mod and my lightsaber is blue, would that have to do anything with it? Does anyone know how this can be fixed? I really think the dark lord's saber should be blue.
Are you using a long saber when fighting Malak? Try removing the saber and see if Malak's stays blue when you enter combat. If it didn't, it's a modeling number issue that would need to be fixed in MDLOps.

That's a first :xp:

I would hope it's not my longsaber mod, however I won't deny it since I can't test it atm...hehehe

Though I don't recall making any changes to Malak's personal saber. All of the longasbers are hexed short saber models and have independent upcrystals.2da entries... :confused:

I'll look over it tonight to see if I happened to overlook something :)

In the meantime, are you using the mod's upcrystals.2da, or has it been edited (or worse, overwritten) lately?

That's a first :xp:

I would hope it's not my longsaber mod, however I won't deny it since I can't test it atm...hehehe

Though I don't recall making any changes to Malak's personal saber. All of the longasbers are hexed short saber models and have independent upcrystals.2da entries... :confused:

I'll look over it tonight to see if I happened to overlook something :)

In the meantime, are you using the mod's upcrystals.2da, or has it been edited (or worse, overwritten) lately?

I couldnt have overwritten it because its my most recent mod and i didnt do any editing because its my only mod with an upcrystals.2da file.

Are you using a long saber when fighting Malak? Try removing the saber and see if Malak's stays blue when you enter combat. If it didn't, it's a modeling number issue that would need to be fixed in MDLOps.

I just tried using a different lightsaber and it worked Malak's saber came out a normal red color, so I guess the saber Im using is the one Malak has also?

I had a similar problem when I created a custom lightsaber using Vader's hilt. By default it was created with a red saber in mind, but I changed it to green. I changed all that I was supposed to and it worked out ok until I equipped any of my party members with a red lightsaber as well as when I encountered Dark Jedis/Malak.. It would give them my green bladed Vader lightsaber.

I opened up the mdl with the XVI32 Hex Editor and I noticed that there were still entries for the default red saber (w_Lghtsbr_002, I believe it was). I replaced all the entries of 002 with 031 (the name of my custom saber) and it now it works as it should. Note that this was after using mdlops.

I say this because I'm noticing that in ChAiNz' mod the blue longsaber (060) has entires of 006 in the mdl file. 006, I believe, is Malak's saber. So, try changing the 006 entries to 060.

BACK UP YOUR FILES JUST IN CASE YOU ENCOUNTER A PROBLEM!

Hopefully all that makes sense and you get it sorted out. I know that my grammar goes out the window when I'm trying to explain something... forgive me :smash:

EDIT:

I went ahead and tried to see if my fix would correct your problem and it did. So, follow these instructions and Malak should have his correct lightsaber.

Download XVI32 - http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm

Open XVI32 and then open the w_lghtsbr_060.mdl file.

Go to Search > Replace. It should bring up a menu.

In the "Find" box enter 006.

In the "Replace With" box enter 060.

Click the "Replace All" button. There should be 8 occurrences replaced.

Save the file to your Override folder.

Repeat for 061, 062, 063, etc.

If you'd like, I can email you the corrected mdl files for each of the longsabers if you can't figure out how to do it. Just PM me your email address.

I went ahead and tried to see if my fix would correct your problem and it did. So, follow these instructions and Malak should have his correct lightsaber.

Thank you LUCIUS :thumbsup:

By all means, if you'd like to release (publicly) the fix, and or any other personal modifications to it, tweaks, additions & what-not, you have my full permission to do so. Just a little nod in the credits is all I ask... :)

Archived