Home

Ideas for mods

Darth_Misa

These are just ideas for TSL that could be nice to make...You guys may know me from Kotor Files...

1.Visas romance mod

2.Party members dueling mod...you know just like the fighting with Handmaiden but you could make it available with all party members...not to the death of course...and with weapons...

3.When the Kotor TSL resto team is done it would be much appreciated if they made it all in ONE zip/rar/7zip (whatever) file and uploaded it somewhere...I didn't look much on their site...sorry if this is dumb and they mentioned something about this on their site I just don't have time to look srry...

4.Atris was supposed to be a member of your party,but the developers couldn't make it so it was just left out...Someone could make a mod in which she replaces the Handmaiden and the Disciple

She could also teach you stuff...Force stuff...and saber...stuff ^^

These are just ideas for possible great future mods...it would be nice if you used my idea to make a mod or include it in your own,to give me credit for the idea...

kthxbai

lol

Thanx in forward...

1. Visas Romance - Someone's already working on one.

2. Someone could make that, but I suck at scripting.

3. It's going to be a while before it's released. It's probably going to be a .rar file that uses the TSL patcher. It will probably be uploaded on FileFront and Lucasfiles, and PCGamemods if that ever comes back.

4. I've never heard of that piece of cut content, but if it does exist, it might be apart of the TSLRP. If not, a recruitment mod could be made. I might be able to do one when I finish my K1 projects and reinstall TSL.

3. I remember someone saying (Dashus I think) that TSLRP was going to be in an .exe file, which would be easier than a .zip file since there are no doubt many changes that go in different folders other than the Override.

4. I've never heard of that piece of cut content, but if it does exist, it might be apart of the TSLRP.

Atris as a party member is not going to be restored in the TSLRP. Sorry.

I also figured that someone could make an animation fix in fighting...I don't know if this is the case with your games but usually when someone melee attacks me my character doesn't try to evade he just stands there and you can see the blade(case of Sith assasins)stab right through him/her but does no damage.

it's like this:I attack him with a regular attack or any special attack,enemy tries to evade,then he attacks but I don't try to evade and get pierced through even though it didn't damage me...I saw this to be very annoying...

it's like this:I attack him with a regular attack or any special attack,enemy tries to evade,then he attacks but I don't try to evade and get pierced through even though it didn't damage me...I saw this to be very annoying...

That's a fundamental "flaw" of the combat system used in the KOTOR games. The fighting animations doesn't really reflect much what's actually happening in the fight behind the scenes (hits, misses, dodges, parries etc). I guess this is by design to allow fights to look a bit flashier, even though it leads to situations such as those you mention where an actual miss looks like it's running the target through. The characters and weapons have no hit detection since all the hits/misses are determined behind the scenes by dice rolls instead.

I doubt this is something that can be modded away since its how the game engine works.

Okay...then I noticed one more thing though...

I know that on the Dantooine planet when you fight for Khoonda(both dark and light side) You are supposed to fight on Khoonda plains.I noticed that when I wanted to run from the fight with Azkul(when light sided) onto the Khoonda plains I see Zherron saying:"We've lost too many men!We have to retreat." or something like that...

is that just unfinished or is something wrong with just my game?

Okay...then I noticed one more thing though...

I know that on the Dantooine planet when you fight for Khoonda(both dark and light side) You are supposed to fight on Khoonda plains.I noticed that when I wanted to run from the fight with Azkul(when light sided) onto the Khoonda plains I see Zherron saying:"We've lost too many men!We have to retreat." or something like that...

is that just unfinished or is something wrong with just my game?

The entire Khoonda attack sequence is a stunted shadow of what was planned - concept is always flashier than reality, anyway. It's been restored by TSLRP, actually, but the original plan was that the player would plan where to place different units of troops and would have to fight on the plains.

Okay...I should think of more bugs soon enough...as soon as I encounter them...just to point out to some facts that,by my opinion,should be fixed if they are not already...I was full of ideas when I first played the whole game through but I keep forgetting them lol

and I can't wait for the TSL resto team to finish everything they planned and then release everything in one file

4.Atris was supposed to be a member of your party,but the developers couldn't make it so it was just left out...Someone could make a mod in which she replaces the Handmaiden and the Disciple

She could also teach you stuff...Force stuff...and saber...stuff ^^

Interesting idea, there is already the Atris partymember icon and sounds.

The bad part is: When should Atris join the party? The most natural moment would seem to be when the Exile defeats her and spares her life... but that's at the very end of the game and Atris wouldn't see much action that way.

I still think its an intriguing idea, but I doubt if its possible without some major storyline changes.

The appropriate moment would be when you meet her on Telos for the first time.She joins instead of the Handmaiden/Disciple.I think everyone prefer Force form and lightsaber form training over battle precognition and some dumb meditation.Also you get a Jedi Guardian/Jedi Master on a ship instead of a Consular/Guardian only.

But it's not a bad idea too that she comes with you on the Ravager...

Instead of Mandalore...

lol I'm so full of ideas yet all I ever did of modding is some end game mod with "elite sith" that com einstead of the floating lightsabers.Results were:Only two sith appeared instead of three XD,the other two sith had like...2500 hit points...and with one force lightning they reduced me to like 10 % of health...

Archived