Home

A problem with handmaiden(s)

jonathan7

Hey all, well I've done my skin of the handmaiden (haven't figured out if i can give her long hair yet either... does anyone know?). But having stuck her .tga into my override folder I found that upon entering the polar academy all the handmaidens now have blond hair... Is it possible to make it so the other handmaidens keep their original appearance?

Hey all, well I've done my skin of the handmaiden (haven't figured out if i can give her long hair yet either... does anyone know?). But having stuck her .tga into my override folder I found that upon entering the polar academy all the handmaidens now have blond hair... Is it possible to make it so the other handmaidens keep their original appearance?

Since the Handmaiden and her Sisters use the exact same appearance type they look completely identical in the standard game. To change that you'll need to create a separate appearance type for the sisters and change their appearances to use that.

I did something like that a while ago with this mod, feel free to have a look at it as an example of one possible solution if you wish. It's override-based, not changing any of the modules, and as such uses scripts to modify the appearance of the Handmaiden Sisters who do not have unique UTC template names (most of them do, some do not).

The alternative approach would be to update the UTC templates directly in the modules to use the new appearance type (which I probably would have done if I had made the mod today, but since the mod installer didn't handle modifying RIM files back then it was not as viable an option).

Since the Handmaiden and her Sisters use the exact same appearance type they look completely identical in the standard game. To change that you'll need to create a separate appearance type for the sisters and change their appearances to use that.

I did something like that a while ago with this mod, feel free to have a look at it as an example of one possible solution if you wish. It's override-based, not changing any of the modules, and as such uses scripts to modify the appearance of the Handmaiden Sisters who do not have unique UTC template names (most of them do, some do not).

The alternative approach would be to update the UTC templates directly in the modules to use the new appearance type (which I probably would have done if I had made the mod today, but since the mod installer didn't handle modifying RIM files back then it was not as viable an option).

Stoffe you legend :-) out of your .tga files which is the NPC Handmaiden? As couldn't I just rename the .tga's I've skinned and raname what you have called them for your mod? Or would that not work? (This mod is only for my private use, so don't worry about me trying to steal your work).

Stoffe you legend :-) out of your .tga files which is the NPC Handmaiden? As couldn't I just rename the .tga's I've skinned and raname what you have called them for your mod? Or would that not work? (This mod is only for my private use, so don't worry about me trying to steal your work).

The Handmaiden's textures should be named the same as normal, from what I remember. I think I just created a copy of the original Handmaiden model and textures and renamed them to something else to use with the Handmaiden Sister appearance type instead. You could doublecheck the appearance.2da file to be sure though.

Archived