Home

Placeables invisible

MacTavish

I am using the Module editor for Kotor Tool and whenever I add a placeable like a desk or a fountain, it is invisible. I run into it so I know it's there, but I just can't see it. Is there a reason for this?

Verify that the Z-coordinate/elevation of the placeable has been set correctly. It's possible that the placeable is there, but is below the floor or above the ceiling so you won't see it. You can't pass over/below a placeable with a collision mesh no matter where on the Z-axis it is placed, as far as I know.

Verify that the Z-coordinate/elevation of the placeable has been set correctly. It's possible that the placeable is there, but is below the floor or above the ceiling so you won't see it. You can't pass over/below a placeable with a collision mesh no matter where on the Z-axis it is placed.

All of the placeables I add have a Z coordinate of 0. What should I actually have?

The number generated when you stood in that place and used the Whereami Armband or the 'whereami' cheat code.

Alright, thanks alot Redhawke and Stoffe. :)

EDIT: I got Wherami armband, but when I equip it and go to Message Log-Feedback, there aren't any coordinates. What happened?

• 4 months later...
I got Wherami armband, but when I equip it and go to Message Log-Feedback, there aren't any coordinates. What happened?

When you download the Whereami armband there's another zip file inside called fb.zip, extract the contents.

Once you've used the Whereami band save the game and exit. Go into the save games folders, find the right folder for the save, it's helpful if you only have one or two saves, copy the file partyres.res to the desktop (it's easier to find).

In the folder fb double click the application and press Ctrl+O, select the partyres.res file and then when prompted save the whereami.txt file to the desktop again.

Open this file with notepad and it will show all the information, including the x,y & z co-ordinates from everytime you used the armband.

As there may be a lot of different entries it's easier to make a note of the nearest placeable and the distance from it from the message log before you exit the game, that way you have a reference and you can make sure you use the right entry.

I hope this makes sense and helps.

Kind Regards

Deadly Stream

Archived