Home

Multiplayer doesn't work on one of my computers

paulc

Hi, I recently bought Jedi Outcast and installed it on two computers, the single player mode runs fine on both of them.

However the multiplayer only works on one of the computers, I don't think its anything to do with the specs on the computer as it is similar to the one that works.

Both of the computers are greatly over the required specifications for this game, so, is there anything I can do to fix this problem.

When the multiplayer executable is activated it pops up for a second and then closes again then reports an error.

Does this game only allow for the first computer to get multiplayer, or not, i've tried a reinstallation and the single player is still fine but no multiplayer.

Thanks, Paul.

Oh, and you're not trying to run the same version (ie one original, one copied disc) on both at the same time are you? Because that would seem like the root of major problems.

Although I assume from your post, that you're just trying to run the game on either computer for the sake of convenience (and why the hell not?), I just wanted to check :)

• 2 weeks later...

In response, they are both on a LAN wireless connection, I haven't patched them yet, and (from the one that works) I can access the multiplayer game and play skirmish against bots, however the other computer won't even run the multiplayer program. They are the same version (I assume 1.0).

So i don't see how it can be a patch or wireless problem as one can play it without even connecting to the internet/network, whereas the other can't run the executable.

• 2 months later...

the problem is the game doesnt handle multiple processors (or virtual multiples like P4's with hyperthreading.) when using xp. so you just have to run jk2MP.exe in safe mode

1.02 works fine just run it in compatibility mode

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\ jk2mp.exe

#1: Go to your jk2mp.exe

#2: Right click it and then click "properties" at the bottom

#3: Click the "Compatibility" tab

#4 Check the box that says "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select Windows 98 from the dropdown box.

#5: Click "Apply" and "Ok" and then try running JK2MP again and see if it works.

Archived