Seamhainn

Hello!

I have this script:

void main() {
location locMe=GetLocation(GetFirstPC());
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "n_basvis", locMe);
}
[/Code]

As the npc appearce right beside the pc, my question is, is it possible to spawn the npc at a certain location on the map?

Thanks and take care

void main() {
location locMe=GetLocation(GetFirstPC());
}
[/Code]

As the npc appearce right beside the pc, my question is, is it possible to spawn the npc at a certain location on the map?

You can create your own location by setting area coordinates, rather than getting the location of the main character. Like:

[code]
void main() {
   location locMe = Location(Vector([color=Yellow]0.0[/color], [color=Red]0.0[/color], [color=PaleGreen]0.0[/color]), [color=Magenta]0.0[/color]);
}

...where you set the number in yellow to the X coordinate value, the number in red to the Y coordinate value and the number in pink to the direction the character should be facing when spawned, in angles (0 - 360 degrees).

The number in green is the Z coordinate, though it doesn't matter when you spawn an NPC since you can't adjust the elevation of a creature, they always appear on the walkmesh. (If you spawned a placeable rather than an NPC the Z coordinate would be relevant though.)

You can get the area coordinates of a location using either the "whereami" console command (in KOTOR) or using the WhereAmI armband mod (KOTOR2:TSL).

Archived