Adding reskins to new npc

Seamhainn

Hello!

I made a new utc based on Bastila. lordofmalacor made awesome reskins of

P_BastilaBB01

P_BastilaH04

P_BastillaBB01

for me.

As I don't want to let Bastila look like lordofmalachor's reskins in the game, how do I attach the reskins to the new npc (utc file?)?

Thanks and take care

I made a new utc based on Bastila. lordofmalacor made awesome reskins of

P_BastilaBB01

P_BastilaH04

P_BastillaBB01

for me.

As I don't want to let Bastila look like lordofmalachor's reskins in the game, how do I attach the reskins to the new npc (utc file?)?

If you want to add an alternate Bastila clothing skin that doesn't affect how the character looks in the game normally you change the number at the end of the P_BastilaBB01.tga fle name and then set the corresponding number in the TextureVariation field in the UTI template file for the new clothing. (E.g. if you name the file P_BastilaBB12.tga you'd set 12 in the TextureVariation field in the UTI file.)

However, since you have a new head texture as well it's not enough to just add a texture variation of existing clothing. To add a non-replacing alternate head you'll need to make a copy of Bastila's head model (P_BastilaH.mdl, P_BastilaH.mdx) and rename it to something else. Try to keep the same number of characters in the name as the original for simplicity. Then open the MDL file with a hex editor and replace all instances of P_BastilaH in the file with the name you renamed the MDL/MDX files to (this is why you should keep the name the same length), except P_BastilaH04, which is the name of the texture, which you should rename to whatever you renamed the new head texture TGA (without the .tga extension), again same number of characters as the original file.

You then add a new line to the heads.2da file that points to your new head model, and a new appearance type line to the appearance.2da file where the normalhead column points to your new line added to heads.2da. It should be enough to copy the existing lines for bastila (row 1 in heads.2da and row 4 in appearance.2da), paste it in as a new line at the end and modify the value of the necessary columns. (Check the tutorial for adding new appearances in the 2DA tutorial forum if you need more detailed instructions for this.)

Then finally you have to modify the UTC file that should use the new Bastila appearance to use the new appearance type you added instead of Bastila's old one. The appearance type points to a line in appearance.2da, so set it to the new line you added there.

If you want to add an alternate Bastila clothing skin that doesn't affect how the character looks in the game normally you change the number at the end of the P_BastilaBB01.tga fle name and then set the corresponding number in the TextureVariation field in the UTI template file for the new clothing. (E.g. if you name the file P_BastilaBB12.tga you'd set 12 in the TextureVariation field in the UTI file.)

Where do I find the uti file?

Thanks

I am sorry, I don't get that. Maybe I am to old for that. How do I create a new appropiate uti file?

Where are the P_BastilaH.mdl and P_BastilaH.mdx files located? I searched for them, but I did not find them where the ones of the other party members are.

Thanks and take care

I'm almost certain that they will cause problems if they both have the same tag.

Is it possible to change the tag? It is, of course. But which influences does it have?

Thanks and take care

Edit:

I created a new uti file called n_basvis.uti. I changed the TextureVariation field to 12 and changed the file name P_BastilaBB01.tga to P_BastilaBB12.tga. The result is, that both Bastila's and the body of the new utc look the old fashioned way (like Bastila usually looks in the game).

What did I do wrong?

I did not touch the head thing yet...

Thanks and take care

Also I addded a new line to appearance.2da. I experimented with the filenames in the modelb and texb fields, but either both skins looked plain white or nothing happened.

This reskin is probably the last problem in my mod, so I am a bit desperate to fix it.

Thanks and take care

Archived